Sonic Electronix

Alright i try to give input on a system setup. A buddy is gonna run a hifonics BX1 1610D, i told him that this amp requires 160 amps of fusing and that he would need a amp kit capable of handling that current. Well they go out and buy the scosche 4 gauge amp kit .5 farad capacitor combo from walmart. I tell them that with stock alt and battery the cap is just gonna hurt more than help, and that that amp on that power kit will probably lead to melted power wire, popping fuses, and a ton of voltage drop and blown subs. They plan n running to 12 inch kicker cvrs 400 rms a piece d4 to that amp. I tell them if they use that kit run it in series, but they decide to run it at 1 ohm. i explain that 1 0hm will pull a bunch of power, and he only plans to run a stock alt, no big 3, and no upgraded batt. I have a question they think im an idiot because i give them this speech ^. Can i get input from everybody to try to show him that im not lying to him

I know Knu klmx 4g is good for 100amps, so even if the run was only a foot it wouldn't be enough if that. If you have the manual for the amp there is a wire guide in the front. If not look it up on the website.

96 IMPALA SS

Pioneer DEH-P8600MP H/U

Pioneer TS-C160R 6.5"

Pioneer TS-D690R 6x9"

JBL GTO755.6II

Stinger spdh-10 cap

100sqft. Fatmat

AQ 3500d

18" FI BTL 7cuft 35Hz

I know Knu klmx 4g is good for 100amps, so even if the run was only a foot it wouldn't be enough if that. If you have the manual for the amp there is a wire guide in the front. If not look it up on the website.

The amp manual says to run 2 gauge, thats what im telling him, but he thinks im lying to him

Amps need power to make power. Some people you can't tell any thing even when it is right in front of them. Let him fry the amp and when he does tell him "I told you so".

96 IMPALA SS

Pioneer DEH-P8600MP H/U

Pioneer TS-C160R 6.5"

Pioneer TS-D690R 6x9"

JBL GTO755.6II

Stinger spdh-10 cap

100sqft. Fatmat

AQ 3500d

18" FI BTL 7cuft 35Hz

Amps need power to make power. Some people you can't tell any thing even when it is right in front of them. Let him fry the amp and when he does tell him "I told you so".

Hell Yeah thats how i feel about it

youe totally right on what your saying.

but for quite some time i had a t4000 on 4guage wire hitting 148 out of a trunk in a civic with stock alt, never had on issue. lol

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Archived