Sonic Electronix

hi guys im about to go buy a 4 channel amplifier (rockford fosgate T400-4) and i wanted to ask a few questions concurning the installation:

1)is it theinstallation the same as a monoblock amp?

2)the amp comes with 2 RCA ables, would i need to connect both of them to the back of the amp there were it sais front and rear? and if i do what will the other 2 ends connect to?

here is a photo of the back of the amp

i3dt8h.jpg

please let me know.

Ok hooking up this amp is just like a sub amp. Instead you connect the RCA's to the "front" and "rear" rcas in the back of the head unit. You can get 4 channel RCA's here

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KARSS4.4M

If you have any other questions just ask.

Ok hooking up this amp is just like a sub amp. Instead you connect the RCA's to the "front" and "rear" rcas in the back of the head unit. You can get 4 channel RCA's here

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KARSS4.4M

If you have any other questions just ask.

ok here is the amp im thinking of getting http://www.audiosavings.com/products/4-Channel-Car-Amplifier/ROCKFORD-FOSGATE-4-CHANNEL-POWER-AMPLIFIERAMP-KIT/T400-4---XK4B2.aspx it comes with a cable set too..so take a look at the photos and plz let me know if the rca's and all the cable kit is good, and if i connect the front and rear rca's to the amp where do i connect the other ends? to the in-dash reciever? and if yes do i need to have an in-dash reciever with 2-3 rca cable in puts?

Edited by mako22

ok here is the amp im thinking of getting it comes with a cable set too..so take a look at the photos and plz let me know if the rca's and all the cable kit is good, and if i connect the front and rear rca's to the amp where do i connect the other ends? to the in-dash reciever? and if yes do i need to have an in-dash reciever with 2-3 rca cable in puts?

This is a mids a highs amp. As i said the RCA's will connect to the "front" and "rear" of the headunit!

Meaning you would connect the other end of the rca's to the CD player of the car. The cd player will have to have "sub" for you sub stage. "front" for your front stage or front speakers and "rear' stage for your rear speakers

So all in all the RCA's will connect to the CD player

The CD player will need

"front"

"rear" Rca's for that amp and if you want a sub

"sub" RCAs

This is a mids a highs amp. As i said the RCA's will connect to the "front" and "rear" of the headunit!

Meaning you would connect the other end of the rca's to the CD player of the car. The cd player will have to have "sub" for you sub stage. "front" for your front stage or front speakers and "rear' stage for your rear speakers

So all in all the RCA's will connect to the CD player

The CD player will need

"front"

"rear" Rca's for that amp and if you want a sub

"sub" RCAs

2cxvm95.jpg

so the other end of the rca's will attatch to the 2 of these (and the spear one is for the sub if i want one) right?

why are there other ways to connect rca's to the cd player?

Why is there more then one set?

Because most Headunits not days have built in EQ's and in order to use those correctly and easily what they have done is set 1 set for the front 1 set for the rear and 1 set for the subs.

That way where your adjusting you sub-woofer levels on the H/U it not controlling the mids and highs and vise versa.

Why is there more then one set?

Because most Headunits not days have built in EQ's and in order to use those correctly and easily what they have done is set 1 set for the front 1 set for the rear and 1 set for the subs.

That way where your adjusting you sub-woofer levels on the H/U it not controlling the mids and highs and vise versa.

more than one sets of what? i want to buy a good head unit with 3 rca inputs like the photo i showed you and im gonna buy one pair of RF T1652-S 6.5" (for my front doors) and one pair of T152S 5.25" (for my rear doors) and im gonna buy that 4 channel amp for them. and i just wanted to learn how to hook the speaker to the crossovers and what kind of ohms would be best suited for the speakers, and how can i hook up the crossovers to the amp, and last but not least the amp to my head unit. thats all.

more than one sets of what? i want to buy a good head unit with 3 rca inputs like the photo i showed you and im gonna buy one pair of RF T1652-S 6.5" (for my front doors) and one pair of T152S 5.25" (for my rear doors) and im gonna buy that 4 channel amp for them. and i just wanted to learn how to hook the speaker to the crossovers and what kind of ohms would be best suited for the speakers, and how can i hook up the crossovers to the amp, and last but not least the amp to my head unit. thats all.

No i will quote you. This whole time you where asking WHY the head unit has 3 set of RCA's and how to hook the amp up. No speakers or crossovers where mentioned.

FYI.

Good head unit anything pioneer. They have 4 volt pre outs. Yes thats good. Yes it will do what you want.

As far as hooking up speakers to crossovers its a simple as hooking up some wire and mounting the crossover its self.

You dont hook the crossover to the amp per say.

Hu-> Amp -> Crossover -> speakers

Get it?

The crossover is connected through the amp via the speaker terminals on the amp. So instead of hooking up the speakers to the amp. You hook the crossovers to the amp and then the speakers to the crossover.

Edited by jeyrapboy