Sonic Electronix

No i will quote you. This whole time you where asking WHY the head unit has 3 set of RCA's and how to hook the amp up. No speakers or crossovers where mentioned.

FYI.

Good head unit anything pioneer. They have 4 volt pre outs. Yes thats good. Yes it will do what you want.

As far as hooking up speakers to crossovers its a simple as hooking up some wire and mounting the crossover its self.

You dont hook the crossover to the amp per say.

Hu-> Amp -> Crossover -> speakers

Get it?

The crossover is connected through the amp via the speaker terminals on the amp. So instead of hooking up the speakers to the amp. You hook the crossovers to the amp and then the speakers to the crossover.

i understood everything but just to clarify the crossover hooking up to the amp im posting 2 photos.

9a5qoj.jpg

p3ak6.jpg

Edited by mako22

Input on crossover is from amp to crossover. Output is for crossover to speaker. By the way the reason there are separate inputs for tweeter and woofer is because some people like to use seperate

Input on crossover is from amp to crossover. Output is for crossover to speaker. By the way the reason there are separate inputs for tweeter and woofer is because some people like to use seperate

thanx alot for the clerafication.. :good:

one last question concerning the wiering...what cind of wire should i use to connect the speaker to the crossovers and the crossovers to the amp? The tweeter wires dont have alot og legnth..what do i do with that?