Should i buy another battery

XS power D1400 in the stock location, and a voltage boost module for the stock alt. That would keep you in the 15 volt range, and would get you way more power from that amp.

Why get a voltage booster? If the volts are dropping, wouldn't that be caused by the alt not being able to output enough power? So increasing the volts would still cause drop when under a heavy load. Tell me if I'm wrong

^^^bad man right here. Best advice. Most people are gonna tell you to drop the cap, but can't tell you why. With the battery and voltage boost, it should be helpful. Your call.

When the stock alt and battery fail to give out what the amp wants, the cap will kick in. But how long does it take for 2k to deplete a 3 farad capacitor? Assuming it won't last long at all, when does the alt get a change to charge it back up? When it is empty, it just becomes added resistance and therefore just another strain to the electrical system.

You wouldn't try plugging in a dead battery in the rear and try bangin off it, would you?

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Hopefully his alt would be enough to keep the battery charge and voltage stable. When the voltage did start to drop, the cap would help keep the voltage stable at 15v. Caps discharge and recharge a lot faster than batteries. Like a 100x faster I think. With that constant voltage he should constantly be pulling more current to his amp. That's the best I can explain it.

I know where your coming from, but if he is sucking everything dry like that, he needs a bigger alt.

Edited by ChampN252

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

XS power D1400 in the stock location, and a voltage boost module for the stock alt. That would keep you in the 15 volt range, and would get you way more power from that amp.

were can i get a voltage boost module from?

RlYlm.png

Big Wheels Are Like G-Strings...Anyone can put them on but it don't mean they look good.....

Hopefully his alt would be enough to keep the battery charge and voltage stable. When the voltage did start to drop, the cap would help keep the voltage stable at 15v. Caps discharge and recharge a lot faster than batteries. Like a 100x faster I think. With that constant voltage he should constantly be pulling more current to his amp. That's the best I can explain it.

I know where your coming from, but if he is sucking everything dry like that, he needs a bigger alt.

Yes their method of recharge/discharge is much more efficient than that of a battery. I do agree with you as well lol!

Edited by dugee81

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

so in the end its best to probably get a new alt and battery to be safe then sorry

RlYlm.png

Big Wheels Are Like G-Strings...Anyone can put them on but it don't mean they look good.....

Yeah, a lot of people want to treat caps as batteries, but they were meant to stabilize voltage and not provide amperage. I believe one could get a quad alt setup and power a 10000 watt setup with one AGM battery under the hood and a few caps to keep the voltage going. As long as you can provide a amperage and keep steady voltage, your good. Studing for MECP has me seeing stuff thou a different scope.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

ok so im debating on getting a stinger 50 farad cap to go along with my sk-bt120 shuriken batt or do you think i should just get another batt to help keep higher voltage in my 96 tahoe??? current equipment is as fallows and alts are in the making

2-2100rms brz amps strapped / but only able to run one of them currently due to voltage dropping super low

1- sk-bt 120 shuriken 2600 amp batt

big 3 done

stock alt at this time

all tsunami 1/0 guage wiring

2- fully loaded Fi BTL 18s

20 cubic ft box tuned at 21hz

any suggestions??? could use the help A.S.A.P. please

Edited by 96HOE