Should i buy another battery

Hey everyone got a question.

I have a 1996 gmc 1500 sierra

running 2 12in kicker l7 4 ohm

AQ2200D amp

3 Farad power cap

0 gauge wiring from battery to amp

all i have that i am using for battery power is the stock battery so my question is should i add another battery i have room under the hood to mount a battery on the driver side were a battery would be if it were a diesel truck.

If yes then any suggestion on what kind,size,power

thanks jake

RlYlm.png

Big Wheels Are Like G-Strings...Anyone can put them on but it don't mean they look good.....

hows your voltage? you might not need to. if its pretty low, you could just get one big battery to replace your stock one.

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

not sure on the exact number on voltage drop only meter i have is the one on the gauge cluster and it does not drop below 12 guess i should get and volt meter and something and get exact readings

RlYlm.png

Big Wheels Are Like G-Strings...Anyone can put them on but it don't mean they look good.....

well, my stock battery on my bmw was fine just added a walmart battery under the hood for starting. my voltage doesn't drop below 13.5 on an aq1200d. You should get a second battery but first find your exact voltage and then decide

mJzD9.png

I would change the stock battery first. Then if you still have voltage drop add the second battery. I would also lose the cap.

thanks, quick question though any reason to lose the cap? are they bad or something i am not much into car audio this is my first system. thanks

RlYlm.png

XS power D1400 in the stock location, and a voltage boost module for the stock alt. That would keep you in the 15 volt range, and would get you way more power from that amp.