Having laptop problems

My shit is very slow. The past week my lappy has really slowed down and the harddrive sounds like a train chugging. More like tap-tap-tap-tap and so on while it accesses data. It takes about 10 minutes for it to boot to welcome screen. I know it is probably the HDD, but I recently got it. I've got the viruses/adware off and reset the drives. I know sometimes they go into PIO transfer mode and that will slow these the hell down. I fixed that, but it's still not much faster. Funny thing is sometimes it will run perfectly, but turn it off and back on and it acts like it doesn't want to start. This isn't the first drive that's been in. This laptop unfortunately has a desktop processor in it and I'm wondering if it's getting so hot, it's killing harddrives? I'm thinking about using an external. I have a Compaq NX9010

As I was typing this, it would freeze for about 5 seconds constantly and come back.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

Are you having the problem both on battery power and when plugged in?

I have seen where people buy aftermarket chargers and it will kill the hard drives because of the difference in voltage in the aftermarket power supply.

Well, I recently brought a new power adapter and it was suppose to be a direct replacement. I'm gonna look into that.

knew it :)

I have seen it several times.

Get OEM

but I think its to late for your current drive. Try to get your stuff backed up.