Sonic Electronix

IMAG0145.jpg

IMAG0144.jpg

My question is on my truck a 2000 Gmc Sierra do i have to keep that red box in the "loop" when i do my big 3?

i have many ideas on how to do the whole thing i just need to know if/need those wires in that box need to stay hooked up the way they are.

.ılı.——Volume——.ılı.

▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █

Min- – – – – – – – -●Max

Are you going to replace the wires or just add big 3 to them? If you replace you'll be fine without the box as long as everything goes to the same place.

the alt charge wire doesn't have direct power it gets its power by hooking into the power that runs to my starter right? so if i bypass the box and run a wire from my alt to my battery and put a 150 amp fuse in line will everything be good?

.ılı.——Volume——.ılı.

▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █

Min- – – – – – – – -●Max

I don't know about your car specifically, but the big 3 consists on a wire going to the alt and going to the body and engine. If the stock wire is tied to the starter wire then just ditch it. Keep the starter wire there though =P

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

I don't know about your car specifically, but the big 3 consists on a wire going to the alt and going to the body and engine. If the stock wire is tied to the starter wire then just ditch it. Keep the starter wire there though =P

Right,simple enough just double checking thanks man.

.ılı.——Volume——.ılı.

▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █

Min- – – – – – – – -●Max

the alt charge wire doesn't have direct power it gets its power by hooking into the power that runs to my starter right? so if i bypass the box and run a wire from my alt to my battery and put a 150 amp fuse in line will everything be good?

Yes you will be all good, that is how I have my 01 Sierra done. I removed that little 10 gauge alt wire out of the red box, put the nut back on to hold the starter wire in place and just ran 1/0 from the alt to a 300 amp anl fuse and then to the battery. Then upgrade your block to neg ground and your neg to frame ground. Done.

And If I am upgrading to 1/0 cable, I NEVER leave the existing cable, there is NO point in doing so, electricity will ALWAYS take the path of least resistance the bigger the cable the less resistive it is, so current won't even travel on that smaller factory wire if you have 1/0 in place of it.

Edited by AMI CUSTOMS

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Yes you will be all good, that is how I have my 01 Sierra done. I removed that little 10 gauge alt wire out of the red box, put the nut back on to hold the starter wire in place and just ran 1/0 from the alt to a 300 amp anl fuse and then to the battery. Then upgrade your block to neg ground and your neg to frame ground. Done.

And If I am upgrading to 1/0 cable, I NEVER leave the existing cable, there is NO point in doing so, electricity will ALWAYS take the path of least resistance the bigger the cable the less resistive it is, so current won't even travel on that smaller factory wire if you have 1/0 in place of it.

PERFECT! thanks so much

.ılı.——Volume——.ılı.

▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █

Min- – – – – – – – -●Max

thats why its not absolutely necessary to take them out if you arent sure where they go.