Sonic Electronix

Just thought id post my amp mount design. Much better then it sitting on the subwoofer box.

5129366487_4b705a69ba_b.jpg

bolting inside the car

5129367149_58886500b3_b.jpg

subs:)

5129367623_08f416e99a_b.jpg

final product

5129368169_8f4ede6803_b.jpg

The new mount gives the amp more air flow and is a lot cooler. It doesn't rattle like it did when it was on the subwoofer box, looks cool too

Edited by Carroot1
mJzD9.png

damn thats pretty cool job. simple yet creative, and effective

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

one thing i just thought of, rear decks love rattle, in my car especially 50+ hz they rattle ALOT, might want to make sure its not shakin your amp apart just double check or sum sum like that

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

one thing i just thought of, rear decks love rattle, in my car especially 50+ hz they rattle ALOT, might want to make sure its not shakin your amp apart just double check or sum sum like that

yea wayyy ahead of ya. my rear deck and amp are secure from any rattle plus that board helps it a lot.

mJzD9.png

What kind of amp is it??? IMO its not a great idea to mount an amp upsidedown, in most manuals it tells you to not mount em upsidedown because then the heatsink cant do its job, since heat rises its gonna heat up the board of the amp and the bottom which has very little heat dissapation ability's...If it where me I would move it....

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

What kind of amp is it??? IMO its not a great idea to mount an amp upsidedown, in most manuals it tells you to not mount em upsidedown because then the heatsink cant do its job, since heat rises its gonna heat up the board of the amp and the bottom which has very little heat dissapation ability's...If it where me I would move it....

where? Theres really no other option... Plus that amp doesn't get hot. Isn't the heat sink screwed/bolted to the motherboard? Xbox heatsinks are and they can be placed in on the sides which really is the same as upside down. I think.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=104195

mJzD9.png

Carpet the box, then carpet a rack for the amp to sit on, then bolt that to the top of the box and you wont have any vibrations. That's how my 2 sundowns are and they dont vibrate at all.

like this:

2e5l9tu.jpg

Edited by Alex K

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.