Got my SA-15 finally, I will do a small 2 part review of it compared to my FI Q 15". I know it's like comparing apples to fish but it's a good reference in my mind. The SA is not as hefty as my Q but still solidly built, it's not as stiff as the Q but my Q has the extra spider so again not fair. Sounds pretty good free air for right now, staying cool as cold metal even after ~45 min of nonstop playing and tones / sweeps. Side note during sweeps and tones some things fell off my desk and apartment raddled a good bit.

Packaging was good, came with a tested on date written in sharpie date was 4/4/11 got hear while I was at work. Has nice cooling compared to older models with the new cooling ring, as well the magnet boot looks good and not cheap.

Anyway on to pics.

DSCN0881.JPG

DSCN0882.JPG

DSCN0883.JPG

DSCN0884.JPG

15" FI Q @ 1600 watts

box by DL Designz 2.8^3ft @ 32hz

saz-3000D @2 ohms

sax-100.2 @4 ohms

front stage - polk momo's

1/0 pos and neg runs to the back.

a crap ton of sound deading from secondskin.

143DB sealed on the windshield.

build log

Well I beat on it for ~4 hours today. I have mixed feelings about it, but still like it.

so I woke up went out side with some tools and one eye open, swapped my Q for the SA, forgot how heavy the Q was... you can one arm the SA though, made me feel like less of a scronny geek.

Played with it a lot last night free airing it inside this hollow foot rest I use to hold subs while I test them to let them breath, any way off topic there. Spent the first hour or so running it through the bass mekanik 5.0, got a little smelly for about 10 min then it was fine after that. It took ~1600 watts pretty well for a 600 rms sub.

As far as sound quality goes I would call the SA "the budget / scaled down Q". But this is biased on my setup with only changing the sub's out, leavening everything the same. You can really tell the difference from my Q that has the added spider and the control that add's, but you could push on the cones of each and find that out. The SA sounds a bit "sloppy" on fast kick drums, but that could be the box or the aero ports or the fact that I have ~2.5 times the RMS power on it or the media I was using. does very well with heavy bass, though it sounds / feels like it plays higher up in the Hz range compared to the Q. fun sidefect of the swap though is that I have bass at lower vol as opposed to the Q witch didn't really seem to kick in until I was 2/3+ of the way up in my set vol range, which is nice. More flex in my car now as well which is fun for a wow factor, I still need to go hit the TL again see where it's peaking and what numbers it will put up. I also want to try inverting it to give it some extra room and see how that goes, need to check spacing to see if it is even possible. All in all I give it a 8.7 of 10 all around, More later.

15" FI Q @ 1600 watts

saz-3000D @2 ohms

sax-100.2 @4 ohms

build log

It shuld be fine with clean power, I am not the only one to take them this high. I would not go much past this for daily but for burps I know jacob has put 4200 clamped watts on this sub and it came out fine.

I was also told I would blow the FI Q up with 1600 watts but its been fine even with me putting ~2200 watts to it, and that singnal was probaly cliped by that time.

15" FI Q @ 1600 watts

saz-3000D @2 ohms

sax-100.2 @4 ohms

build log

Archived