Sonic Electronix

Ok I have a BIG question, that's been bugging my for awhile now.

I want to run four 6x9's (75w RMS at 4Ohm) and two 6.5 components (100w RMS at 4Ohm). My question(s) is how do I hook them up and what kind of amp(s) should I be considering?

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

I would personally look for an amplifier that can run 4/3/2 channels. Bridge the 4 6x9's @ 4 ohm, and then run the 6.5's on the other 2 channels. This is the only way I see you hooking them up on one amp.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

You can run a 4 channel. About 500 or 600rms. Wire 2 6x9s to get 2 ohms and do same to other 2 and then wire each to a channel. And then just wire 6.5s to their own channel. Should work well

You can run a 4 channel. About 500 or 600rms. Wire 2 6x9s to get 2 ohms and do same to other 2 and then wire each to a channel. And then just wire 6.5s to their own channel. Should work well

I wasn't sure whether to post that. Is it possible with most 4 channels to run half the channels @ 2 ohm and the other half 4 ohm?

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

That's what I was thinking. How would I wire the 6x9s to get them down to 2ohms?

Youtube Channel

+ to + and - to -. It's called parallel wiring

Oh I looked on a few sites and it seemed as if it would keep it at the same ohms.

Youtube Channel

Nope. + to + on speaker to speaker and same with - then wire accordingly to amp. It will give you a 2 ohm load

correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that only apply if it's a dual voice coil? not many 6x9's I know have dual voice coils? I could be wrong here though

2004 Volkswagen GLI

1 10" Skar VVX

^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^

correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that only apply if it's a dual voice coil? not many 6x9's I know have dual voice coils? I could be wrong here though

This is how you wire speakers at 2 ohms... :)...No they dont need to have a dual voice coil. just read the instunctions below and if you have any questions feel free to ask

Find out the ohm rating of your speakers. This is printed on the back of the magnet in almost all cases. Most car audio speakers are 4 ohms, and you'll need two 4-ohm speakers to create a 2-ohm load for your amplifier.

Cut two lengths of speaker wire. The wire should be long enough to reach from your amplifier to the first speaker, and then from the first speaker to the second speaker. Strip the insulation off of the ends of each piece of speaker wire so that there is 1/2 inch of bare wire showing.

Connect the first piece of speaker wire from the amplifier to the first speaker. To connect the wire, unscrew the terminals, slip the wire into the terminal and tighten down. Be sure to connect the positive terminal of the amplifier to the positive terminal of the speaker, and the negative terminal of the amplifier to the negative terminal of the speaker.

Connect the second piece of speaker wire from the first speaker to the second speaker. As in Step 3, be sure that the positive terminal is connected to the positive terminal, and the negative terminal to the negative terminal. What you've done is an example of parallel wiring. Parallel wiring drops the impedance of the speakers in 1/2, so your two 4-ohm speakers now act as a single 2-ohm load.

9r4up2.jpg

Edited by mako22