Sonic Electronix

Ok I am kinda new to the extreme version of car audio. I've always had systems but nothing like the ones on here. My question is I have a 12 & 15 sitting here that I want to put into my neon. I had the 12 in there and just bought the 15. I'm currently running 0 gauge to the kinetic(i belive is the 800 model) from there I have the zero running to an orion hcca 1200 & 4 gauge running an eclipse 4x400. I know I'm going to have to get a custom box, but haven't seen anyone running a 12 &15 in the same car. The subs are the oz matrix elite both are dual 4 ohm coils. The 12 already has a custom built box that someone said was an spl box. Its loud as hell but box isn't high quality, no 45s just slot port. The 15 is in a prefab pos box temporally. If this setup is possible I was going to do a transitional port with kerf on the end. I'm thinking about doing some comps but want to run 2 subs not just one or the other. Any help would be great and cuz the subs are no longer made they are hard to find. It has taken me a year to find the 15(new), I can find a few used but no new. So I can't just go buy another 12 or 15.

Ok I am kinda new to the extreme version of car audio. I've always had systems but nothing like the ones on here. My question is I have a 12 & 15 sitting here that I want to put into my neon. I had the 12 in there and just bought the 15. I'm currently running 0 gauge to the kinetic(i belive is the 800 model) from there I have the zero running to an orion hcca 1200 & 4 gauge running an eclipse 4x400. I know I'm going to have to get a custom box, but haven't seen anyone running a 12 &15 in the same car. The subs are the oz matrix elite both are dual 4 ohm coils. The 12 already has a custom built box that someone said was an spl box. Its loud as hell but box isn't high quality, no 45s just slot port. The 15 is in a prefab pos box temporally. If this setup is possible I was going to do a transitional port with kerf on the end. I'm thinking about doing some comps but want to run 2 subs not just one or the other. Any help would be great and cuz the subs are no longer made they are hard to find. It has taken me a year to find the 15(new), I can find a few used but no new. So I can't just go buy another 12 or 15. ur gonna want choice the 15 or 12 to use and just get a second one of that sub you use im sure they will cancel each other out then the boxwld be off due to the different specs each sub will need dont do highly recommend not to

mixing sub sizes is a bad idea. but the only way to do it properly would be to have each sub in its own box and each sub on its own amp. just because the subs are the same model doesnt mean they are the exact same. being different sizes changed the TS parameters.

but in all honesty... if you go to a comp with mixed sub sizes... people will be rolling their eyes at it. not talking shit, just trying to help you "save face".

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

There's a brand new 12" 4 ohm oz matrix elite sub on eBay RIGHT NOW for 150$ shipped.....

1999 Chevy S102 Sundown Zv3-10's1 Sundown saz-4500d2 sets of Sundown CS6.5 Comps. (Doors)

2 10" Sundown NeoPro 10's (Doors)1/0 KnuKonceptz - Power x2- Ground- Big 3

300 Amp External Regulated Excessive Amperage Alt

147.8 Sealed Mic on Windshiled148 30sec. Average Drivers Door open Mic on Windshield

Check Out my YouTube Channel --->>> http://www.youtube.com/user/dmntyo2007?feature=guidehttp://www.stevemead...ld-competition/

Buy another matching sub and run that setup

1999 Chevy S102 Sundown Zv3-10's1 Sundown saz-4500d2 sets of Sundown CS6.5 Comps. (Doors)

147.8 Sealed Mic on Windshiled148 30sec. Average Drivers Door open Mic on Windshield

Check Out my YouTube Channel --->>> http://www.youtube.com/user/dmntyo2007?feature=guidehttp://www.stevemead...ld-competition/

And I was going to run separate chambers for each sub in one box. They will be ported but completely sealed off from eachother with separate ports. I also have another orion hcca1200 lying around. I've been looking at a hcca2400. Now do I need to have separate amps just due to both need to be setup different or what.

Now if I do that cuz my other sub is already broken in, won't I have to ride with just the one until the other is broken in. not sure if its true or not but heard having new and used in car while breaking in is very bad for the new sub.

Ok, as far as running the two different subs... I would not do it. You will never get the frequency to match from chamber to chamber. Besides that, the box will look completely ridiculous being one side bigger than the other as well as port size difference. If you insist on running the different subs then yea you will need different amps. If you puck up a matching sub for a set, you can either keep running a single amp or two matching amps. Just watch your power ratings, not sure if the amps are underpowered or the subs are. As far as the broken in subs vs the new subs... We run competitions and have had new/old sub configurations before and could not tell the difference. But just remember this is from a competition vehicle, so for a daily driver I'm not sure. I don't think you will tell a difference, and I don't believe it will hurt the sub/s

Archived