Second Skin Audio

I think i screwed up

say huh? this is with 18 inches still.

edit : i get what you said now, what i mean by port area is the volume of your port, if you went with the two fives you would end up with 4.20cu ft after displacement, with 39 square inches of port area.

Edited by vengfuldev

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

I built a box and went the aero port route. I bought what i thought was 4 inch pvc until i got home and measured it. turns out its 3 1/2 inch outer and 3 inch inner diameter. When I first inquired about aero ports, someone told me i would need 3 4 inch ports 18 inches long. i have 3 3 inch aero ports instead. Box dimensions and 12' high, 29' wide and 36' deep. Anyone know what im tuned to? The sub is an AQ HDC3 18.

I didn't see anything in here whee you actually bought or made aero ports. A piece if pvc pipe does not an aero port make.

also search google for port tuning calculator.

it looks like im going back to home depot with a tape measure and gettin some 5 inch pvc. would my tuning change if made the ports longer or would it just add port area? sorry for all the questions.

06 Taurass SE

1 PPI Pro104

MTX TC 4001D Amp

1.5 CU. at 34 hz

After Christmas...

2 PPI Pro104's

Audiopipe 1500D

3.4 CU. at 35 hz

it looks like im going back to home depot with a tape measure and gettin some 5 inch pvc. would my tuning change if made the ports longer or would it just add port area? sorry for all the questions.

it would also change the tuning, as well as add area. Sanitarium is also correct.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

I didn't see anything in here whee you actually bought or made aero ports. A piece if pvc pipe does not an aero port make.

also search google for port tuning calculator.

i bought 3 inch indtead of 4 inch pvc to make my ports. instead of 3 4 inch diameter, 18 inch long ports, i ended up with 3 3 inch diamter 18 inch long ports.

06 Taurass SE

1 PPI Pro104

MTX TC 4001D Amp

1.5 CU. at 34 hz

After Christmas...

2 PPI Pro104's

Audiopipe 1500D

3.4 CU. at 35 hz

according to the psp inc calculator, to get my box tuned to 33 hz, i would need 2 6 inch aeros 20 inches long. would that give me enough port area?

Edited by Big Papa

06 Taurass SE

1 PPI Pro104

MTX TC 4001D Amp

1.5 CU. at 34 hz

After Christmas...

2 PPI Pro104's

Audiopipe 1500D

3.4 CU. at 35 hz

I get 38hz from that but it would be more than enough port area, watch how big you get with your ports also, you're losing a lot of box volume.

Edited by vengfuldev

Dc Audio

Team Fur

i tried a bunch of differnet combos. it said i would need 4 3' diameter, 8 inch long ports for a tuning of 33 hz. that doesnt seem like enough port area though. i guess ill just keep trying differnt combos and see what works. thanks for all your help broski.

06 Taurass SE

1 PPI Pro104

MTX TC 4001D Amp

1.5 CU. at 34 hz

After Christmas...

2 PPI Pro104's

Audiopipe 1500D

3.4 CU. at 35 hz

i tried a bunch of differnet combos. it said i would need 4 3' diameter, 8 inch long ports for a tuning of 33 hz. that doesnt seem like enough port area though. i guess ill just keep trying differnt combos and see what works. thanks for all your help broski.

no problem, if that calculator tells you port area, try to keep it around 9-11 square inches per cubic feet of your box. if you need to calculate the area of your port do pi times radius squared times length. heres an image to help understand that a little better.

cyn_sample_1.GIF

if you get lost just check back in here someone will help out.

Edited by vengfuldev

Dc Audio

Team Fur

wait what? how would AREA of the port require the length of the port? area would only require pi*r2 or pi*d

edit: i fail, i assume you meant if you wanted to figure out the displacement of a port. you confused me when you used area for both examples lol.

Edited by Kranny