Second Skin Audio

ported clamshell help/build

irpirate

sounds good, now i just gotta figure out where im gonna seal it. doesnt reach the b pillar, and sealing the top will be a pain in the ass at c.

on a side note, 1.5 days of classes left till im done!!! 2 classes (skipping 4), 3 hours!!!!!

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

tried taking out the port extensions today and those things are not going anywhere. unscrewed the sides, crawled into the box and hammered on them for 5-10 minutes each, didn't budge at all. don't think they're gonna come out unless i pull a side off the box. looking like its new box time. its hard to get anything done that far back into the box with the opening being only 7 inches wide. anyone wanna help verify the 4th order design? plz?

you must not of been hitting too hard, the wood would of started to break after a few hits.

tried taking out the port extensions today and those things are not going anywhere. unscrewed the sides, crawled into the box and hammered on them for 5-10 minutes each, didn't budge at all. don't think they're gonna come out unless i pull a side off the box. looking like its new box time. its hard to get anything done that far back into the box with the opening being only 7 inches wide. anyone wanna help verify the 4th order design? plz?

you must not of been hitting too hard, the wood would of started to break after a few hits.

i was laid out wedged into the clam/port, couldn't exactly get a full range of motion. i did start breaking sections of the wood. started hammering on different areas when that happened. probably gonna give it another shot soon, not much else i can do without a garage to work in.

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

i was laid out wedged into the clam/port, couldn't exactly get a full range of motion. i did start breaking sections of the wood. started hammering on different areas when that happened. probably gonna give it another shot soon, not much else i can do without a garage to work in.

bigger hammer,

yeah, break out those pieces of port, add the triangle in the middle of the mouth on the back wall to flow air forward, instead of it canceling out, and get some 45s in the top and bottom inside. The next thing you could try is a piece of wood comming forward over the subs about 4 inces away from the cone. this would cause them to load into this wood like a compression load install, instead of firing right at the opossing subs. Adding the front chanmber from (2000 sombody) though may be your best bet after sealing it off. the other thing you may consider would be a t-line with 8 subs, then iso-load the other 8. just a few ideas I had. but I give you much credit in your quest. and enthusisim of this build. But you may need to just use les subs. I went from 8 10"s common chamber slot port, 1780 watts, 7 volts input, 5 batterys, two 12 farad caps, 151.1 dB... to a single 12" in a t-line, 1100 watts, maybee 4 volts input, 1 battery, 1 12 farad cap, 148.3 db. sometimes les is more.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

but I give you much credit in your quest. and enthusisim of this build.

why thank you.

i dont even know if ill be able to add a triangle or 45s in there. the box is 52 inches long and 7 inches tall at the port and even when i crawl in there i cant even reach the end of the ports(no, im not short or fat lol). the only way im seeing any tweaking to the box happening is if i pull a side of the box. crawled back in today i still cant get the damn thing to budge(i kinda went overkill on glue). im just gonna try to stick a piece of wood down the middle and seal the edges when i can and see what that does. if that does nothing, eff it, ima scrap this box and build the fourth order.

*edit - thanks for the ideas :) ill go read forevrbumpns t-line thread again.

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

Archived