Grounded remote wire drained my battery

Hey guys I had two amps plugged in. One day my battery died and I just assumed my battery is going (cause it is, I'm gettin a temporary one at wal mart to get to school, as we speak)

But anyways I noticed the amps were turning on and off with ONLY the remote wire plugged in. Bizarre... and for a while there my battery was draining very quickly but they still stayed on even while playing -> they were just more quiet. I hope that didn't harm my amps.

Either way I'm gettina new battery, but I was wonderin how that could happen. Is it my headunit? I've had a headunit do that to me in the past except it stayed on completely while the car was off. Or do you thnk the wire got pinched against the chassis somewhere?

And could it have damaged my equipment in any way?

Thanks guys.

Edited by dwz

Happened to my friend, he let his amp fly around in his trunk. The remote hit the ground creating a huge spark and the remote wire went up in flames...

But draining your batt??? Hmmm I think that's not the problem.

Id check the remote wire just to make sure that its ok. If its not then you might have found your problem.

If not do your amps alwaays stay on?

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

My amps stay put. It must be some sort of grounding in the wire itself cause it happens on both amps, which happen to share the wire.

My amps always stay on when my car is on, as normal.

It's just weird as hell. I just don't know the point at which it started to do that.

My remote wire turns on the amps even when the faceplate of the deck is off and the car is off.

I replaced my battery today so I'm gonna re-do the setup tomorrow.

And yes it was certainly contributing to the problem cause it would turn on and off non-stop for hours upon end. At the same time I know I needed a new batt anyways.

Happened to my friend, he let his amp fly around in his trunk. The remote hit the ground creating a huge spark and the remote wire went up in flames...

But draining your batt??? Hmmm I think that's not the problem.

Id check the remote wire just to make sure that its ok. If its not then you might have found your problem.

If not do your amps alwaays stay on?

Edited by dwz

uhm i had a remote wire that had the tiniest slice in it exposing just a fragment of a strand. my speaker amp wouldnt play and it kept shutting on and off rapidly. found out that the exposed wire was laying on top of the amp itself, causing a short or whatever you wanna call it. patched it up and the amp has been fine since...

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

cool, i bet thats how mine happened too. crazyness!! thx for the help

uhm i had a remote wire that had the tiniest slice in it exposing just a fragment of a strand. my speaker amp wouldnt play and it kept shutting on and off rapidly. found out that the exposed wire was laying on top of the amp itself, causing a short or whatever you wanna call it. patched it up and the amp has been fine since...

Edited by dwz

With +- 500mA of current? i cant see this happening, unless it was on a relay. that's less then a AA battery

Op best bet is to re run a new accessory wire from your HU.

Edited by Kian

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped