Transmission Problems... IDEAS?!

Thats what i said... I mean i know a good amount about cars and NEVER heard of that.

Got anything else to contribute besides being a smartass...

you cant tighten the transmission bands at home well unless you have the tools which arent very common ones lol. but dont forget to grease your exhaust manifold bearing, and change your flux capacitor :peepwall:

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

you cant tighten the transmission bands at home well unless you have the tools which arent very common ones lol. but dont forget to grease your exhaust manifold bearing, and change your flux capacitor :peepwall:

Yea i just got off the phone with my buddy and he said i need to just have a shop do it...

Oh and my flux capacitor is changed every 3k miles with my oil :rofl:.

Hahahahahhaah that was the next 2 steps I was thinking of ahhahahaha

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

Yea i just got off the phone with my buddy and he said i need to just have a shop do it...

Oh and my flux capacitor is changed every 3k miles with my oil :rofl:.

yeah it adds like 4000 horsepowers and 10 DB's to any system gotta change that shit and keep it fresh

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

my youtube channel

imgsize.jpg

yeah it adds like 4000 horsepowers and 10 DB's to any system gotta change that shit and keep it fresh

Anyways man about how much am i looking at to get the bands tightened... I am going to wait till after i change the fluid. There is no telling how bad that fluid is and something may not be getting fluid that should be.

Anyways man about how much am i looking at to get the bands tightened... I am going to wait till after i change the fluid. There is no telling how bad that fluid is and something may not be getting fluid that should be.

prob about 200$ to get your trans a general service which includes getting the bands tightened. if the car has over 60-70k on it and you vent changed the fluid once dont flush it compleatly then. because the metal shavings between the worn down gears are literally holding it together if you flush it then they wont be there any more.

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

my youtube channel

imgsize.jpg

Did that link help at all?

It helped some... I am going to re read through it all tomrrow but i just got off the phone and the previous owner said that he put 150k on the jeep and never change the transmission fluid.

So i am going to pursue that first. I really hope that between this and getting the bands tightened fixes it. If it does that will save me $600 to rebuild the trans.

It helped some... I am going to re read through it all tomrrow but i just got off the phone and the previous owner said that he put 150k on the jeep and never change the transmission fluid.

So i am going to pursue that first. I really hope that between this and getting the bands tightened fixes it. If it does that will save me $600 to rebuild the trans.

yeah your fucked. when you dont change the trans fluid every 25-30k the metal shavings inside start to wear at the transmission at 150k the gears have almost no grab at all the shavings give the gears friction at this high of mileage to keep going. noone knows to change the trans fluid often.

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

my youtube channel

imgsize.jpg

yeah your fucked. when you dont change the trans fluid every 25-30k the metal shavings inside start to wear at the transmission at 150k the gears have almost no grab at all the shavings give the gears friction at this high of mileage to keep going. noone knows to change the trans fluid often.

Well i am going to talk to a shop tomorrow to see what my options are...

Im just going to start saving for my plan for a rebuild and hope for the best...