Supermodified/extreme Van.......

Well guys,some of ya already seen it..........alot of ya have not......and I dont have pix of it on this forum.....

So,here they are...

This is my 1989 Dodge Caravan Cargo,not long after I purchased it in 2004,complete with the rare barndoors in the rear..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was living in an apartment then with a tiny little 1 stall garage.......Not alot of progress was made here........the next pix are from when we moved to our first rental house....

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

These arent glassing pix YET....but i will begin here....

I started out with the windows and framing them in for the 1"Lexan.So it was a few months of running back and forth to the local steel supplier..

Posted Image

Posted Image

1.5"x1.5" angle Iron for the window frames,and lotts and lotts of holes for 1/4-20 bolts

Posted Image

Posted Image

the windows

Posted Image

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

I then started fitting frames,for the front window...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wasnt happy with the way it was looking,so I spun the frames around,,,so the Lexan would bolt in from the inside...

Posted Image

Posted Image

After the front,I had to move on to the side windows...

Posted Image

Posted Image

the doors had to come off,for a few extra welds,some gussets on the hinges,and some reinforcement..

Posted Image

Posted Image

the next step on the doors was the 9,,,,,,3/8 bolts down the rear of the door,for sealing it.On the inside of the body there were 1/4"plates with nuts welded to them,which these bolts went to,I also mapped outalong the top and front of the door,where the mounting plates would go for the toggle clamps which sealed the top and front of the door...

Posted Image

started mounting the plates for the toggle clamps

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

window frames for the side windows....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I then added a peice of 10 gauge down the back of the door.The bolts were bending the sshit out of the door ,when tightend

Posted Image

Archived