Sundown Audio

Time For A New Amp. Need Opinions.

96saturnsl

i just installed my 2 12" type r's into my intrepid. into a L ported enclosure which i tuned 2 33hz. and the pyramid 2600 watt amp i have (got it for free i know its a shitty amp) pushes them ok. they are getting like 150 watts rms each. and i know they can take more than the recomended 500 easily. for i need some opinions on a amp that puts out at LEAST 1000 watts RMS ( 500 each sub ) at 4 or 1 ohm (they are dual 4 ohm subs). i want to find a decent amp that will do that for the LOWEST possible price so i can start saving for it and have a rough idea on how much to save so.... anyone have any ideas?

power acoustik a1800db does 1200 and the a2400db does around 1800 all for a lil over $200 also look pretty good,you can get a crossfire v1000rd its rated at 1000 12v but it does about 1300 its 399

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

power acoustik a1800db does 1200 and the a2400db does around 1800 all for a lil over $200 also look pretty good,you can get a crossfire v1000rd its rated at 1000 12v but it does about 1300 its 399

thanks man. u got a link to the power acoustik so i can look at it?

and anyone else have any ideas?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6189_P...ik+A1800DB.html

i bought the a300db off ebay for 239 + shipping if u look on there they might have some,there new too.i powered a btl 18 with it,i love them

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

ok. i think im gonna save up 280 bucks now and buy a nice amp. cuz i got both the alpines in there and its loud.. but i NEED it louder lol. i didnt drop 60 bucks on making a new box for nuttin lol im gonna use it!

but i do have a ? how do i hook a mono amp up to 2 subs? i never really understood that. cuz im used to useing 2 channel amps

ok. i think im gonna save up 280 bucks now and buy a nice amp. cuz i got both the alpines in there and its loud.. but i NEED it louder lol. i didnt drop 60 bucks on making a new box for nuttin lol im gonna use it!

but i do have a ? how do i hook a mono amp up to 2 subs? i never really understood that. cuz im used to useing 2 channel amps

anyone explain that 2 me plz?

monoblock amp has one or two outputs depending on model. Wire your subs for the impedence you want With you leads coming from the subs you proceed with positive to positive and negative to negative to your amp and there you are. I would recommend a 1 ohm stable amp to get the most out of your system. For the models with two outputs just means that the amp is paralleled internally. My two ohm stable amp has two outputs and no there is no such thing as bridging on a monblock even with two outputs. Hope this helps

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woof...mp;woofer_imp=4