Sonic Electronix

Your setup is simple, get a 1 ohm stable amp, run + to + and - to -, leave phase at 0 on head unit, set lowpass to about 80 or a lil less, the subsonic, I would do by ear, since u don't know ur box tuning... listen for the low bass and if if the sub moves and u dont hear anything out of it, that is below box tuning, so go up a tad on the subsonic... i would set that all the way down and go up a little at a time so you dont miss out on those sweet low notes!

As for the gain, the easiest way is to do it by ear, set your head unit to about 3/4 volume, that will now be your max volume, then adjust the amp gain until the bass starts to sound muddy or distorted then back it down a bit... This would be the easiest way for someone learning... then expirement with other ways once you get comfortable... That is the simplest way I know to explain it...

yes that is correct

Yikes. That may have contributed to it blowing. So you had the other coils not plugged into anything? It was just straight + on amp to sub + and amp - to sub -?

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

ugh sorry i'm kind of frustrated ok this is how it was

we bridged a + to - on the SUB and a + and - to the from the sub

Then yeah you were at 4 ohms. You were just trying to get the output like the bb in the hose, when you really hada a golfball in there.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

About this http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=1&I=22 so the second one (in series) is what I had running right? and parallel would be unbridged right? bridged makes more power? how would i go about making it go from 0 ohms to 1 ohm?

where are you getting 0 ohms from?

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

Archived