Sonic Electronix

hey guys..so i was thinking, instead of getting an RF T400.4 to power a pair of T1652-S and a pairof T152-S i was thinking pf this http://www.audiosavings.com/products/4-Channel-Car-Amplifier/HIFONICS-HFI100.4-800W-4-CHANNEL-CAR-AMPLIFIERAMP-KIT/HFI100.4---XK4B2.aspx.

the T1652-S can handle 100rmsat 4 ohms and the T152-S 75 rms at 4 ohms. the RF produces 60rms at 4 ohm so im not gonna get the full power out of the 6.5's either the 5.25's so i think im gonna get the hifonics amp i liked just above whitch poduses 100rms at 4 ohms, but my problem is if the 5.25's will handle 25rms more that they were designed to hanle?

power wise you should be fine just adjust the gains and crossover to fine tune it for the 6.5 and 5.25 i have done 125 per set in the past and no problems..

thanx alot for the reply...so you think ill be alright with the 5.25s and the 100rms? plus a good brand so i hear so i dont think ill have a problem.

there is no reason you have to use all the power of the amp so like stated before dont turn the gain up as much and then you'll be fine and wont give the speakers the max power of the amp

ok sounds fair enough..but since im cinda a noob i dont know how not to turn the gain up or down..so if anyone has the cindness and the time to try and explain im all ears..thanx alot..:)

ok sounds fair enough..but since im cinda a noob i dont know how not to turn the gain up or down..so if anyone has the cindness and the time to try and explain im all ears..thanx alot..:)

not a problem man there will be gain,bass boost, HPF, and LPF.

1. Do NOT turn the bass boost up leave that at 0

2. the hpf is what your going to be using. Its a guessing game from here on out unless you have an O-Scope. for your 6.5's i'd suggest turn the dial till its at about 65-75hz, this will start to cut out the frequencies below this point. For the 5.25's i'd personally guess about 100hz or a little higher.

3. Next is the gain do this for each set of speakers at a time tune one then unplug them and tune the other set. If you listen carefully you'll realize when you've reached your speakers limits and you'll hear distortion its when the music become unclear and has more of a harsh sound to it. also if you see your speakers moving to much either turn the gain down or turn up the hpf. since you are still noobish(no insult meant) i'd suggest turning both down slightly.

4. Once you've done this for both speaker hook both sets up and see how they sound and do any final adjustments that you feel are needed and when tuning the sets one at a time play a wide variety of songs because some songs have a stronger signal then others and will cause some songs to sound horrible and some to sound great.

Any other questions feel free to PM me

:drinks:

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

The Rockford will put out more then rated... as do all Rockford Fosgate amps. They come with a birth sheet to tell yo exactly what they put out.

So you mean to say it might produce 80rms insted of 60? i dont understand.... :unsure:

Edited by mako22