Sonic Electronix

well with 2 sa12s, big ass box, amp, 0 gauge, and back battery. i dont really notice a difference in weight.. and box can easily be pulled out

True. I just had a TON of weight in batts and sub and amps in the last build. It killed the car lol.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Alum is better at handling the heat, less dense than copper, takes longer to heat up. (which is why is better in spl when putting xx-K amount of watts into a sub)

However, I haven't read anywhere that you cant put an alum coil into daily driver.

then again i dont read much.

I'm not fighting, but if it is less dense than copper then how would it take longer to heat up? That doesn't make sense. You absolutely can use an aluminum coil for a daily mainly because in the car audio world a "long" time is longer than you'd think. How often do you play for more than 10 mins at a time at full tilt?

I will say again, alum coils are IDEAL for burps. Not only for burps, who would sell a product like that?

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

I'm not fighting, but if it is less dense than copper then how would it take longer to heat up? That doesn't make sense. You absolutely can use an aluminum coil for a daily mainly because in the car audio world a "long" time is longer than you'd think. How often do you play for more than 10 mins at a time at full tilt?

I will say again, alum coils are IDEAL for burps. Not only for burps, who would sell a product like that?

It doesn't heat up as fast because its dispersing heat as its gaining it. I weld aluminum and the amperage(and therefore heat) required is higher than that of other metals. However aluminum coils don't conduct as well as copper, and will need slightly more power to create the same amount of force as the copper coils. If your going to run well over rms, get the aluminum coils.

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

Whats coming: Kenwood Excelon screen, DD high end comps, DD 4ch, XS batteries

I'll go with my gut which was originally aluminum.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.