A/V Suggestions on Room Entertainment

I am planning on finally stepping up the entertainment system in my room like i've planned for a while, this is going to be strictly for Gaming and Movies. Luckily for me, the foot print of the room isn't huge.. so a lot of big equipment won't be needed, I can get measurements of the room if necessary.

Before I get ahead of myself with listing equipment, right now I need suggestions on the following:

*Home Theater in a Box 7.1 or 5.1 surround system w/ a receiver to power them that's compatible with a gaming console such as an Xbox360 and PS3

(The budget is roughly 700.00)

*Projector with a really high resolution.

(The budget is roughly 1000.00)

*Projection Screen 50"+

(The budget is roughly 400.00)

Now, if i could get a great 50"+ TV for around the price of the Projector and screen put together, i'll definitely go with that.. seeing as mounting the projector will be tricky, but I am looking for the best bang for my buck

So generally the overall budget is roughly 2100.00 but as you can see I have a higher budget for whats more important to me in the build.. BUT if necessary, I will spend more.

One Projector I was looking at was Epson - PowerLite Home Cinema 8100 Projector

A motorized screen would be kick ass, but those can get expensive as i'm seeing on BestBuy.com. The lighting in the room can be completely dark ;) because i know sunlight can effect the picture on the screen.. but that isn't an issue here. The length I would be having the Projector on would vary from 1-8 hours at a time, possibly more if I pull an all nighter.

I have looked into TV's, but i haven't really been confident with my choices because i suck at buying TV's.

List of TV's from BestBuy.com i've been looking at.

I would like to buy locally, just in case something goes wrong I can return it to the store and talk to the people face to face.. but if not, that's okay too.

Also, for reference, games I play are the Call Of Duty's, and the volume would be more then halfway up as I play.. so the HTIB would have to be able to handle that.

Please let me know if I left any information out that would help you help me :)

Thanks,

Dom.

1986 GMC Sonoma Chameleon paint lowered sitting on 20" Lexani rims with Pirelli's

Representing Team Sundown ~ AZ Chapter

Head Unit: Alpine iDA-X305S

Front Stage: (8) 7" AA Carbon Fibers (1) MTX TE 1004

Sub Stage: (2) 15" AA SMD (2) SAZ-3500D

Electrical: (1) XS Power D3400 (4) XS Power D3100 (1) DC Power 320Amp Alt

Scores: 152.6 @Kick. 152.0 @Headrest. 151.2 @Windshield.

Raised by Detroit, Livin' with Phoenix!

Ditch the HTIB, not only can I not stand them (wait, why does that matter?), but they are horrible. I bet that with a bit of searching, you can very easily put together a very nice home theater system using REAL speakers. A 15" in a low (~20hz) tuned box or a horn of some kind (if you have space), a secondhand receiver, and some nice speakers will have that COD knocking down the house.

I ain't lying, secondhand really is FTMFW if you know what to look for.

EDIT: Just so you know, my subwoofer (15" infinity BETA in a homemade box) cost more than the speakers, amp, eq, tuner, etc. and it still was far less than your budget.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Archived