Sonic Electronix

the fuse protects the wire, the fuses on the amp protect the amp. if you are running 4 awg, i would suggest 100 amp. 1/0, 300 amp

I will be running 1/0, so 300 amp anl fuse then?

The size of the wire DOES NOT determine the size of the fuse. If you are pulling 100a from your amps then put a 100a fuse on it. If its 40amps then a 40a. DO NOT use a bigger fuse then required. It can cause issues.

yep, it will allow for the most current to pass through, with least resistance.

Care to explain?<_<

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

the fuse protects the wire, the fuses on the amp protect the amp. if you are running 4 awg, i would suggest 100 amp. 1/0, 300 amp

The size of the wire DOES NOT determine the size of the fuse. If you are pulling 100a from your amps then put a 100a fuse on it. If its 40amps then a 40a. DO NOT use a bigger fuse then required. It can cause issues.

Care to explain?<_<

why would there be fuses on the amp if you were to fuse the wire to protect the amp?? or maybe im just thinking of inbetween batteries.

Edited by dugee81

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Looks like its back to 120 then, thank you! Thats why I frequent this site to try and learn and get some things right! Next thing I plan on trying to get right is the ported box size and tuning frequency! Kingsuv, do you do box designs for $$$?

comic on tv: I got a concussion from playing t-ball when i was younger, we dont really have time to go into that!

15 seconds pass

my girl: no one pitches to you in t-ball, do they???

Care to explain?<_<

why would there be fuses on the amp if you were to fuse the wire to protect the amp?? or maybe im just thinking of inbetween batteries.

The fuse on an amp is not to protect the amp. The amp has protection circuits for that. If the fuse on the amp blows then something has gone terribly wrong. Inline fuses are used to protect the car from fire.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Looks like its back to 120 then, thank you! Thats why I frequent this site to try and learn and get some things right! Next thing I plan on trying to get right is the ported box size and tuning frequency! Kingsuv, do you do box designs for $$?

I don't do just design work, I design, build then ship. That way I know what I design, actually gets built correctly ;)

That makes sense! So how about a pm for a price on a box for a 15" dc lvl 3, max outer dimensions I believe are 34"x17"x20", thats a rough guess, I have a pretty decent size trunk! Also, tge sub will be getting around 800-900 watts

comic on tv: I got a concussion from playing t-ball when i was younger, we dont really have time to go into that!

15 seconds pass

Also, im sure shipping will be a pretty penny since I live in indiana, zip code 46044, you might need that for shipping info

15 seconds pass

Your PM box isnt working.

shoot me an email bgalaxy67 at earthlink dot net