Second Skin Audio

Audiobahn AWIS12

Hey fella's, I'm throwing out a hail mary hear, hopefully someone can help.

I have an Audiobahn AWIS 12 Quad 2ohm that I bought about 8 years ago, and the stickers for the terminal locations have fell of. Does anyone out there have a picture of the rear of one of these??? It wouldn't be such a big deal if the terminals were pos-neg pos-neg, but these subs are pos-pos neg-neg, very confusing without these stickers for 1pos 1neg 2pos 2neg 3pos 3neg 4pos 4neg.

Someone help!!!

cant you just check with a multimeter? put the + in one terminal and the - in the adjacent terminal. if the number shows negative then just reverse the leads on the multimeter and then theres where your + and - are.

ah... Use your DMM to find the coils and do a pop test to find the proper polarities.

Do this:

grab some masking tape and a pen and your DMM.

Put the tape by every terminal and number them all.

test every terminal with your DMM set to ohms, when you find the two that go to a coil, mark it down on paper. IE: terminal 1 and 3 may go to a coil, terminal 2 and 4 might go to another coil, note it as so.

After you find all 4 coils take a 9 volt battery and hook run wires to the terminals for each coil, and tap the wires on the battery quickly. When the + from the coil is on the + of the battery and - of the coil is on the - of the battery it will make the cone "pop" outwards. that is called a "pop test" and is used to find your coils + and - inputs.

That should di it for you. If you don't have a dmm, you can just do the pop test to find them out too.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

cant you just check with a multimeter? put the + in one terminal and the - in the adjacent terminal. if the number shows negative then just reverse the leads on the multimeter and then theres where your + and - are.

Alrighty,

I'll give you the possible setup's I think they are;

_____pos1...........neg1

pos1...............................neg2

....................()......................

neg3...............................pos4

_____neg4...........pos3

_____pos2...........neg1

pos1...............................neg2

neg4...............................pos3

_____neg3...........pos4

_____pos1...........neg2

pos2...............................neg1

neg3...............................pos4

_____neg4...........pos3

_____pos1...........neg2

pos2...............................neg1

neg4...............................pos3

_____neg3...........pos4

Or maybe something completely different altogether. It's been a long time and I can not get a wiring schematic anywhere, even from Audiobahn after several calls. Can anyone give me an idea how to run this spaghetti setup? Possible pic's? I really do appreciate the help lAutruche and Kranny, I'm starting to get the knowledge back !! Can't wait to wake this monster up (Got a new Kicker ZX2500.1, should be enough lol) Thanks again!

Edited by Shwayz