15" Fi Q, 600 rms

This actually isn't for me, it's for a guy i'm trying to help on another non-audio forum. He's got his Q in a 3 cube box and giving it 600rms (if his gain is even set right, which is highly unlikely) and is complaining about how it sounds. I suggested a larger box due to the low power he's giving it and he doesn't believe that's the problem because a Fi rep told him a Q 15 would work well in anything between 2.8 and 4 cubes. I tried to explain to him the amount of power he's giving it has alot to do with how large of a box he should put it in but he's hard headed. His car is a late 90's Bonneville.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

This actually isn't for me, it's for a guy i'm trying to help on another non-audio forum. He's got his Q in a 3 cube box and giving it 600rms (if his gain is even set right, which is highly unlikely) and is complaining about how it sounds. I suggested a larger box due to the low power he's giving it and he doesn't believe that's the problem because a Fi rep told him a Q 15 would work well in anything between 2.8 and 4 cubes. I tried to explain to him the amount of power he's giving it has alot to do with how large of a box he should put it in but he's hard headed. His car is a late 90's Bonneville.

IIRC thats a trunk car... I see issues here one being he may not have the air flowing properly. 2 they box needs to be bigger i'd say about 4 cubes at 29-32hz and about 14.5sq inches of port per cube and if he cant fit that he needs a smaller sub and amp setting will deff affect it and the and the amp quality and head unit quality too

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

if he's hard headed, stop wasting your time helping him. tell him straight out. "you are asking for help, i am giving you advice, you are saying how it sounds like shit and you're asking why does it do that. i am telling you why its doing that and you are telling me im wrong. who are you to tell me im wrong when you dont even know why it sounds bad"

sorry if it doesnt make sense, im tired as FUCK. but seriously, if he doesnt want help and he ASKED FOR HELP, ignore his ass.

if he's hard headed, stop wasting your time helping him. tell him straight out. "you are asking for help, i am giving you advice, you are saying how it sounds like shit and you're asking why does it do that. i am telling you why its doing that and you are telling me im wrong. who are you to tell me im wrong when you dont even know why it sounds bad"

sorry if it doesnt make sense, im tired as FUCK. but seriously, if he doesnt want help and he ASKED FOR HELP, ignore his ass.

Haha, real talk! It's partially to get confirmation that i'm giving the right advice, and partially to show him that with everyone giving the same advice as me we can't all be wrong.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Haha, real talk! It's partially to get confirmation that i'm giving the right advice, and partially to show him that with everyone giving the same advice as me we can't all be wrong.

go on his thread and link this thread to prove you're right.

Edited by Kranny

i had a fi q 15" round ported 3.1 cubes w/fosgate t15001 at 1 ohm n the coils finally melted. sounded great while it lasted a year of beatin on it.

you did something very wrong to melt the coils... not only do i think its not possible to actually melt the coils but you fry the sub on 1500 rms is suprising since i had a AQ 2200 on one @ 1ohm and even for the hell of it one time clipped it for awhile to see if i could get it smelly and not even smelly!

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon