good desktop for price

The only way you save money building yourself is if you buy used parts for a lot less than they are new or find some bitchin deals/sale

I'll have to disagree on that, the friend that bought from ibuypower had a EVGA 780i,x29800GTX,Thermaltake 850w,500gb hitachi and thermaltake case.

He could have saved $300 dollars buying each one of those instead of buying it from a site.

He bought it 2 years ago when all of this stuff first got released.

Edited by Rebel4055

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

The only way you save money building yourself is if you buy used parts for a lot less than they are new or find some bitchin deals/sale

I'll have to disagree on that, the friend that bought from ibuypower had a EVGA 780i,x29800GTX,Thermaltake 850w,500gb hitachi and thermaltake case.

He could have saved $300 dollars buying each one of those instead of buying it from a site.

Yeah I guess you're right. I'm used to frys having bitchin deals on everything, even pre builts.

A lot of pre builts are severely marked up (apple for one)

Frys had a $600 orange pre built 6 core tower for $600 something on financing. 6 cores are still $200-$300 +

Yeah I don't know where I'm going with this, but if the prices match, I would go with pre-built with warranty.

"he bought it 2 years ago when all the stuff was released"

So was it marked up or was that the average price of each component at the time? A little markup is ok. $300 is obviously not!

Edited by casemods

i suck men dry...email me for details

I'm selling my PC for $400 just the tower:

2GB DDR2 Corsair XMS

X2 3800+ AM2 @ 2.6ghz

HD3850 256MB @ 700/1000 /w aftermarket Zalman cooler

Two Western Digital 160GB SATA drives.

Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

Upgradable motherboard (to AM2+/Diff Card/2GB more RAM)

I'll sell it for $400 I build it, runs great wont play anygame to date maxed out but will play Crysis @ 1440x900 Gamer with 30fps.

I'll throw in my Widescreen 19" Samsung LCD for an extra $100 so $500 for my system with Logitech 5.1 Surround Speakers/Mouse/Keyboard.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

arite thanks everyone. it really helps. im just gonna compare prices and look around. if i find a nice prebuild one them im going for one because i kinda dont feel like doing all that labor lol ;) but and got a monitor for sale? maybe a 20" or around that size