need help with powersupply

well i went dumpster diving and found an oldass comp server they had at collage and i took parts out of it and when i power the power supply on i get 5.8v on red wire and 3.8v on yellow w/ common/black

what wire do i need to hook up to get it to turn on, this is nothing like a regular comp power supply

the wires i have are, red, purple, yellow, brown, orange, black, white

what wires do i need to hook together to get it to power on?

its a zytec cysco p1 600w server power supply

it does 120-240 input and 5.2v=75amps, 12.2v=15amps, -12v=3amps, and 24v=5amp

can someone help me with this? i have 2 of them, it says 900w power supply but it says total output power not to exceed 600w so i unno

please help all u comp nerds out there lol :)

Edited by tacomabanga1986

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

this aint one of those green wire to black wire and wala type shit

ive tried everything i can think of and i cant seem to get it to power on

i get 5.8v out of the red n black wire but from yellow and black i only get 3.8v and nothing higher, i dunno why

please someone help me with this, i kno someone on here knows how server power supplys work

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

Try putting a load on the rails. I used to modify a computer power supply and sell them on ebay for r/c purposes and the one I used wouldn't fully turn on if I didn't load the 5/3.3 volt rails... so it could be the same with this one.

so would i use the brown wire to black and then hook something up to the red wires?

i checked the orange and black wire and i got 11.58v off the meter so i dunno

would really love to get these to power on

they have a power switch on front with a spot for the cord to plug in below the switch and a power on light on the far right side with the wireing harness comeing out from behind

i tried every color combo i could find to get it to work and nothing

is there a way to get it to come on without a load on 5v side? cause all i need is the 12v leads

this says to hook the white wire to red wire to get it to cut on, i'll go try that n see what happins

how do i rig up something like this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pull-up_resistor

i put a load on the red line and it acted like it wanted to come on but didn't

what could be my problem or do i had a wrong load?

i'll take pics of what im working on to see if it helps out tommrow

i still aint got it working right, it acts like it wants to power on but wont

well i finally got them both working but i still got some weird ass issues with them tho

ok i read off one site that i need to hook my small red wire to white wire and then to common for it to power on

i did that but now my bigger red wires are pushing out 18.06v and are only suposto be doing 5.86v and my yellows are doing around 12.87v or so, dunno how many amps tho

so my question is, if i run these like this will it burn something up because it only needs a load to cut it on and then the voltage will do its thing

oh and i got some comp fans with this stuff too, my question is, i have a red,yellow, and black wire coming from each fan and im wondering how to get them to acually power on?

there 12-28v fans and the wiring diagram goes as fallows, red=+12v, black=-neg, and yellow=sensing wire, how do i hook up something that needs a sensing wire for it to work, i want to use these in an amp rack but dunno how the hell to wire it, i can try something but i unno

i have 12 fans and 2 15amp power supplies with some extra wireing too for a good price :) lol

would like to make a small distplay with one of the power supplies and i dunno with the other one