Sonic Electronix

Need to hook up the dash/door 2-ways to an amp

Could I gut the glove box and install the amp there?

This would save a ton on wiring.

i think no because the amp would get super hot inside that small of a closed up space

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

yes you can do it. ive seen a car where he had all the amps and processor in the dash. works just fine. a tight space isnt much of a problem for heat, just work out a cooling system. a simple fan to keep air moving over the heat sink. use a large fan, around 4", that is very quiet, CFM rating wont matter. and dont just stick the fan to the amp :No:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

yes you can do it. ive seen a car where he had all the amps and processor in the dash. works just fine. a tight space isnt much of a problem for heat, just work out a cooling system. a simple fan to keep air moving over the heat sink. use a large fan, around 4", that is very quiet, CFM rating wont matter. and dont just stick the fan to the amp :No:

So how should I put the fan on it?

I have a bunch of 120mm fans from my computer (over 10 unused)

Also the amp is only 40x4. I don't think it would get that hot. The amp has 2 lpf and 2 hpf so I can only hook up 2 highs, I don't care for mids since I have 2-ways.

So really this amp would only be pushing 2x40w rms on probably half gain and it's rated for 4x40w rms. it shouldn't get that hot. if it gets too hot, wouldn't it just shut down?

It's also really cold out right now...around 20f

i suck men dry...email me for details

Also the amp is only 40x4. I don't think it would get that hot. The amp has 2 lpf and 2 hpf so I can only hook up 2 highs, I don't care for mids since I have 2-ways.

So really this amp would only be pushing 2x40w rms on probably half gain and it's rated for 4x40w rms. it shouldn't get that hot. if it gets too hot, wouldn't it just shut down?

is it 20* in the car while you drive around or do you turn the heater on and get the car to a normal temp? and winter wont last forever. hope you get my point.

by "half gain" i hope you are not treating it like a volume knob. all the way up isnt like "max power" and half way isnt half power.

how would i do it? well you need air coming in and out of the area. so if you have a 5" fan then you need another 5" opening at the opposite end of the amp from the fan. you also want the surface area of the fan in front and behind the fan for it can breathe. otherwise you might as well use a smaller fan.

a 5" fan would be serious overkill for cooling and probably hard to mount. a 3" fan or two 2" fans in a push/pull combination would work well. and if the two 2" fans are too loud you could wire them in series to make them run slower.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

is it 20* in the car while you drive around or do you turn the heater on and get the car to a normal temp? and winter wont last forever. hope you get my point.

by "half gain" i hope you are not treating it like a volume knob. all the way up isnt like "max power" and half way isnt half power.

how would i do it? well you need air coming in and out of the area. so if you have a 5" fan then you need another 5" opening at the opposite end of the amp from the fan. you also want the surface area of the fan in front and behind the fan for it can breathe. otherwise you might as well use a smaller fan.

a 5" fan would be serious overkill for cooling and probably hard to mount. a 3" fan or two 2" fans in a push/pull combination would work well. and if the two 2" fans are too loud you could wire them in series to make them run slower.

No, I'm not treating it like a volume knob. The 2-ways are already loud enough and the sub isn't that powerful so I'm probably just going to try to get the same volume that the head unit does. I think it will be fine since the quality will be a lot better since it's running on the amp.

I'll have to take the glove box apart and see what I have to work with.

And I never turn the heater on. I was driving around 30F with the windows cracked the other night.

Edited by casemods

i suck men dry...email me for details

No, I'm not treating it like a volume knob. The 2-ways are already loud enough and the sub isn't that powerful so I'm probably just going to try to get the same volume that the head unit does. I think it will be fine since the quality will be a lot better since it's running on the amp.

I'll have to take the glove box apart and see what I have to work with.

And I never turn the heater on. I was driving around 30F with the windows cracked the other night.

you're crazy, arnt you from california? your supposed to be bitching about the cold.