Second Skin Audio

Need help with port design, very confused!

DJ JDub

i have a question, is not my thread but it might help some.

when doing a slot port like the op, how do you know how far or close from the back of the box it needs to be???

dont know if its true but some one told me that if port from side to side is, lets say 15 inches, then thats how far it needs to be from the back of the box. is this how is done, or is ther an easier way?

I will answer as has understood...=)

91619362.jpg

in this box L=2*H and equally 6 inches.

ВАЗ 2107........145,2 dB.........НОЭМА

it seems to be that the bump in the port you made would be more hurtful than helpful. it sort of looks like an aero port but it would do the opposite of what its supposed to do. im asking because i have never seen this specific type of port.

Opinions on wood selection? (I know this is going to make me sound like a noob to car audio but just giving a chance for anyone to give me their ideas)

plywood or MDF...=) That you will prefer.

i have a question, is not my thread but it might help some.

when doing a slot port like the op, how do you know how far or close from the back of the box it needs to be???

dont know if its true but some one told me that if port from side to side is, lets say 15 inches, then thats how far it needs to be from the back of the box. is this how is done, or is ther an easier way?

I will answer as has understood...=)

91619362.jpg

in this box L=2*H and equally 6 inches.

please explain abit more as i dont understand. i wanna start building my own box and i need as much info as possible

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

please explain abit more as i dont understand. i wanna start building my own box and i need as much info as possible

if the box has a 4" wide port, the port needs to be at least 4" from any wall.

it seems to be that the bump in the port you made would be more hurtful than helpful. it sort of looks like an aero port but it would do the opposite of what its supposed to do. im asking because i have never seen this specific type of port.

Many times I built this port.

http://photofile.ru/users/legych/3777240/all/

http://photofile.ru/users/legych/3869437/all/

The bump isn't noticed.

Efficiency subs raises.

In what I am not right?

if the box has a 4" wide port, the port needs to be at least 4" from any wall.

Better it is not less 1,5*4" = 6" :good:

Archived