Second Skin Audio

Need help with port design, very confused!

DJ JDub

Box is on hold until after i can fix my car, found out i need new ball joints, pitman arm, and idler arm, So as soon as i get that stuff taken care of the box will be in progress. I will post pics and everything as soon as i start the box.

So i officially feel like a d**k right now. I just took my current system out so i could start on the new stuff and get all my measurements, I forgot who said it but he was correct, max size can not extend 38(left to right or width or w.e the correct term is) so basically i will have to put it at 37.5 so it will fit perfectly.

Fs: 29.95 Hz

Qms: 5.06

Cms: 0.147 mm/N

Mms: 192.46 g

Rms: 7.16 kg/s

Vas: 2.165 ft³ (61.29 liters)

Xmax: 0.530 in (13.46 mm)

D: 10.375 in (263.52 mm)

Sd: 84.54 in² (545.42 cm²)

Vd: 44.81 in³ (0.73 liters)

Qes: 0.68

Re: 1.56 Ω

Bl: 9.12 Tm

Prms: 300 Watts

Qts: 0.600

ηο: 0.233 %

SPLo: 85.87 dB

SPL 2.83V/1m: 92.89 dB

these are all the specs i have

But what you has a subs?

And what their parameters? =)

I am confused on what you are asking. like what subs i have? The subs are MTX t5512-44. and what specs are you looking for?

SORRY! I am Russian, I only study in English language :santa:

ВАЗ 2107........145,2 dB.........НОЭМА

lol @ 1" mdf

box designers should offer things that are available, i cant get it at any local lumber yard

ideally u want the port all the way back, not in the middle...

and that port hump isnt going to do much because so much of the port is flat anyways, just do a good 'ol roundover on all port edges and u will be fine

and it will change tuning, it makes the port shorter in length and smaller in port area...

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

So i officially feel like a d**k right now. I just took my current system out so i could start on the new stuff and get all my measurements, I forgot who said it but he was correct, max size can not extend 38(left to right or width or w.e the correct term is) so basically i will have to put it at 37.5 so it will fit perfectly.

91758538.jpg

91758539.jpg

box 235 litres tuned to 33 Hz...

37,5x28x20 :popcorn:

ВАЗ 2107........145,2 dB.........НОЭМА

91758538.jpg

91758539.jpg

box 235 litres tuned to 33 Hz...

37,5x28x20 :popcorn:

Thank you so much man! as far as building the latest it will start is after new years. but i should be picking up the wood before that.

Archived