How big of a difference would this make??

Okay I'm wanting to know if this would make a big difference or not. Right now I am currently running a single RE Audio HC 15 and the enclosure is firing into the cabin and the seats are flipped down most of the time. Here is a pic of the enclosure and sub Picture194.jpg

I am wanting to know weather or not I should seal off the sub and if it will make a noticeable difference in loudness also I'm wanting to know if putting 2 layers of second skin through out my whole trunk would make a noticeable difference. I would like to try and get a 3 decibel gain and if I can't get at least a 3 decibel gain from doing these 2 things then I most likely won't even bother because this is going to be a daily sub. Btw right now I am hitting a 142.3 at 42 hz sealed on the dash and I'd like to get a 145 if at all possible. Oh and one more thing does anyone think that a PSI recone will help me reach that 145?

1 TC Sounds TC-3000 15 D2 (temporary until I get a box built for the both of them)

Powerbass ASA 1500.1 Dx

Pioneer Mvh-P8200

Soundstream MPQ-7XO 7 band Eq

Crescendo CCX6.5's

Rockford Fosgate Punch 200a4

C&D UPS490-MR in the back

2008 Kia Rio Lx

From what i have heard, if you seal off the sub from the trunk it will make a huge difference, actually doing it is the hard part.

I'm running an 18" nightshade in my trunk, i have not had the chance to buy and second skin yet, but i fully plan on it. I'm fairly confident it will make a big difference in the overall quality of the sound.

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

From what i have heard, if you seal off the sub from the trunk it will make a huge difference, actually doing it is the hard part.

I'm running an 18" nightshade in my trunk, i have not had the chance to buy and second skin yet, but i fully plan on it. I'm fairly confident it will make a big difference in the overall quality of the sound.

What would be a clean looking way to seal off the trunk that will not cost to much? Also would 2 or 3 layers of peel and seal work good for sound deadening? And do you think that the psi recone would be worth it?

1 TC Sounds TC-3000 15 D2 (temporary until I get a box built for the both of them)

Powerbass ASA 1500.1 Dx

Pioneer Mvh-P8200

Crescendo CCX6.5's

2008 Kia Rio Lx

if you seal the trunk, then deadening the trunk would be pointless imo since everything would be sealed from it. also, 3 db is a lot to gain in doing modifications. i'd do it regardless tho

yeah I'm gonna seal it off because that would help out the most i think and as for the psi recone if i get it done it will be a more efficient recone and it will be dual 1 ohm so i can get about a 0.7-0.9 ohm load after impedance rise and hopefully that will give me more output than being run at a 1.3-1.4 ohm load and plus the added efficiency of the recone might help. and yeah your right it wouldn't really do much if its completely sealed off from the trunk.

Powerbass ASA 1500.1 Dx

Pioneer Mvh-P8200

Crescendo CCX6.5's

2008 Kia Rio Lx

What are you trying to accomplish and why. From the looks of the amp adding more power will more than likely gain your pressure level.

i'd just like to get to 145 decibels (or higher if at all possible) with the amp i am currently using and the enclosure i am currently using. i do not want to upgrade my amplifier because i am really tight on cash right now and i plan on keeping this setup for a good 5-6 months because i have other things that i need to spend my money on. the reason i'm trying to accomplish this is because i want to stay in amateur street class 3 for meca events so i can possibly set some records.

Powerbass ASA 1500.1 Dx

Pioneer Mvh-P8200

Crescendo CCX6.5's

2008 Kia Rio Lx

if you seal the trunk, then deadening the trunk would be pointless imo since everything would be sealed from it. also, 3 db is a lot to gain in doing modifications. i'd do it regardless tho

yeah I'm gonna seal it off because that would help out the most i think and as for the psi recone if i get it done it will be a more efficient recone and it will be dual 1 ohm so i can get about a 0.7-0.9 ohm load after impedance rise and hopefully that will give me more output than being run at a 1.3-1.4 ohm load and plus the added efficiency of the recone might help. and yeah your right it wouldn't really do much if its completely sealed off from the trunk.

The recone would help you get more power into the sub, you just gotta ask yourself if its worth it to you. The recones arent exactly cheap, shipping alone is like 30 bucks, haha.

Th "Cleanest" way to do it would be an even layer of spray foam covered with sound deadening to make it look better.

EDIT: Obviously you would have to make a wooden "frame" that fits around the box and seals the face of the box from the trunk... and use that as your canvas for spray foam.

Also keep in mind, dropping below 1 ohm is ALOT more demanding on your cars electrial system... I would make sure you have the big 3 done, and a second battery.

Edited by JZeFF

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

The recone would help you get more power into the sub, you just gotta ask yourself if its worth it to you. The recones arent exactly cheap, shipping alone is like 30 bucks, haha.

Th "Cleanest" way to do it would be an even layer of spray foam covered with sound deadening to make it look better.

Also keep in mind, dropping below 1 ohm is ALOT more demanding on your cars electrial system... I would make sure you have the big 3 done, and a second battery.

Yeah I live in memphis which is about 20 minutes away from psi's shop so I can drop off my sub with dave at psi and he told me around $120 for the recone and I have done the big 3 and I'm eventually going to get a deka 9a31 for a battery in the back then I should be golden as for keeping up with the amp. Also wouldn't spraying that foam stuff leave a huge mess if I ever want to take out my system?

Powerbass ASA 1500.1 Dx

Pioneer Mvh-P8200

Crescendo CCX6.5's

2008 Kia Rio Lx

Yeah I live in memphis which is about 20 minutes away from psi's shop so I can drop off my sub with dave at psi and he told me around $120 for the recone and I have done the big 3 and I'm eventually going to get a deka 9a31 for a battery in the back then I should be golden as for keeping up with the amp. Also wouldn't spraying that foam stuff leave a huge mess if I ever want to take out my system?

Yup, it would leave a mess, lol. Im sure there is a way around it though... maybe put a layer of alminum foil down on the parts you will spray before you spray the foam?

Should give you a tight seal, and should be fairly easy to remove when needed.

I have never done it, but im sure someone who has done it will chime in good.gif

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

3x XS power D2700's