Mac Mini in Chevy S10, Help!

Hey guys, I've got a 2000 chevy s10 extended cab with a full system already installed, with a pioneer 8200 head unit. One question about this HU first... I've already bypassed the unit, but I cant get the right file type to get it to play a video! What file type have you guys converted to (On macs) to get your pioneer head units to play videos?

Anyways... I want to keep my head unit in the factory location, but I want to add in a nice big touchscreen mac mini under the dash, right in the middle of the cab. I've looked around a lot, but I just can't find the right type of monitor for this job. It needs to be a touchscreen, that can I can use to control my mac, and thats about it... I just need to make an MDF enclosure for the monitor and the mac mini, and make it all look pretty... Please send me some ideas, and cool things to get the most out of this project!

Hey guys, I've got a 2000 chevy s10 extended cab with a full system already installed, with a pioneer 8200 head unit. One question about this HU first... I've already bypassed the unit, but I cant get the right file type to get it to play a video! What file type have you guys converted to (On macs) to get your pioneer head units to play videos?

Anyways... I want to keep my head unit in the factory location, but I want to add in a nice big touchscreen mac mini under the dash, right in the middle of the cab. I've looked around a lot, but I just can't find the right type of monitor for this job. It needs to be a touchscreen, that can I can use to control my mac, and thats about it... I just need to make an MDF enclosure for the monitor and the mac mini, and make it all look pretty... Please send me some ideas, and cool things to get the most out of this project!

You should post this in the general audio section. It will get a lot more hits there.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

You should post this in the general audio section. It will get a lot more hits there.

Thank you, I will.

Archived