Sundown Audio

How the Warhorse works. A must read!

CJ18

Ok, after reading the 2nd article posted by CJ, it makes sense now.

Instead of running at a constant level, the power supplies are constantly going up and down (signal modulated) in response to the DSP to create the output voltage.

It is not producing DC at the outputs, the powersupply itself is producing the output signal instead of the output section. I'd like to see how they get the voltage up that high while modulating it, thats pretty cool. In a traditional Class D Amp, the power supply just drives up the voltage (for the rails) then the output section takes that and modulates it for the output signal.

Stevil, DC is not and can not be the same as AC. You can make AC from DC by modulating the output as you see done here, and you can create AC from DC by using a rectifier. Kicker is not rewriting the laws of physics.

I dont see anything in my post saying they were rewriting the laws of physics :shrug:

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived