Sonic Electronix

So I got two cerwin vegas vmax and they're really stiff if pushed them down they stay that way and they also make a noise......could they be blown?and would it possible to repair them?

»Yonik«

find a digital multimeter and set it to ohms. put each lead to the + and - on the subwoofer. it should read somewhere around 2-4 ohms. if it reads really high or really low or reads nothing at all, then its blown or about to be blown.

sounds like fried voice coil.... been thier done that. haha other than mine would just clip the amp right at first note.

-06' f-150...

audio.video.performance.visual

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

When you say got, I hope you didn't mean payed for, because if you did they ripped you off :nea: . Blown coil or shifted pole piece, probably the first one though, since it has happened to both. You could get them reconed, contact PSI and see what they can do for you.

Edited by bassl0va

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

When you say got, I hope you didn't mean payed for, because if you did they ripped you off :nea: . Blown coil or shifted pole piece, probably the first one though, since it has happened to both. You could get them reconed, contact PSI and see what they can do for you.

No I did not buy them they were given to me, I'm gonna check out psi see if they are even worth fixing thanks bassl0va

»Yonik«

No I did not buy them they were given to me, I'm gonna check out psi see if they are even worth fixing thanks bassl0va

If you decide not to fix them up I'll have them. Haha.

Your welcome

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

How come noone ever does the diagnosing steps I tell them to do

Nobody ever listens on here :(

Maybe they don't have a DMM?

they're like $10

I know right?

Tightasses <_<