teamSPB Focus RS build thread - AA, TruTech, Mosconi, CDT, Hybrid - 142.5db @ 31hz

it the same body style of a zx3 the motor is a lil bigger and the rear lip has the lights on the bottom that about the diff.

but no less it is sexy as fuck and the system is nice and clean

great job i love seeing some focus builds around here :drinks:

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Since the Tru Tech was shipped off last week to its new owner, I ordered up the replacement amps for it...

Since I used the Mosconi AS300.2 in the Previa running the midranges, I feel in love with the warmth and clarity the amp delivered...it was night and day difference between the SPL Dynamics S6002! I know the difference will be big between a 'loud' type amp compared to a SQ based amp...but I was truely blown away by the sound the Mosconi was able to deliver!

Since then, ive always said to myself they will be going into the focus at some point!

The amps themselves are SO elegant and look plain awesome!

The ones I have gone for are 2 AS100.4's....its specs are

100 Watt per channel @ 4 Ohm

155 Watt per channel @ 2 Ohm

310 Watt bridged mode @ 4 Ohm

480 Watt bridged mode @ 2 Ohm

One 4 channel will be running 4 x 100wrms to my CDT ES01's and CDT ES04 midrange drivers...and the other 4channel will be bridged giving 310wrms x 2 to my Hybrid Audio L6 midbass drivers...

I will be changing the front end at some point, but just looking around to see what will work with the system!

PIcs

DSC00855_1.jpg

Detailed instructions

DSC00858_1.jpg

DSC00859_1.jpg

4g inputs

DSC00867_1.jpg

80a fuse nicely tucked out the way

DSC00871_1.jpg

X-over settings

DSC00870_1.jpg

DSC00860_1.jpg

DSC00862_1.jpg

DSC00863_1.jpg

DSC00875_1.jpg

This is how they will be placed in the Focus

DSC00879_1.jpg

DSC00880_1.jpg

Cant wait to get them in!!!!

teamSPB

Last few images of the Tru Tech while it was in the car

DSC00793.jpg

DSC00796.jpg

Good bye to what will most probably THE most expensive amp ill ever own at £2500!!!

DSC00803.jpg

DSC00805.jpg

DSC00807.jpg

So on with installing the new amps!!

Boot cleared up a bit

IMG_1312.jpg

All tabs removed so I could screw it to the box

IMG_1313.jpg

Masking tape...my new best friend lol! Just marking up where the centre line was and didnt fancy drawing onto the vynil itself

IMG_1314.jpg

Both amps offered up

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

Chord RCAs

IMG_1317.jpg

Extra fuse holder and Knu Konceptz Fleks 4g was needed

IMG_1318.jpg

Gettng there!

IMG_1322.jpg

Please note this install in this layout is only temp hence not going overly mad with the cabling etc...I will be moving things around and a possible redesign when it warms up a bit

teamSPB

More bro this is Fucking bad ass I love the little details

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Amps are in and wired up now!!

DSC01040.jpg

DSC01038.jpg

DSC01045.jpg

DSC01043.jpg

DSC01044.jpg

DSC01041.jpg

Initial impressions are damn these amps have some power!!! They seem to have ALOT more power than my Billet 6 did bringing the whole front end a damn site louder and more at ease with the levels off bass from the sub...The sound is very clinical and warm but as with everytime you change equipment, I need to sit down for a while and set everything up again...but one thing is for sure...it DEFINATELY has made the front end alot more livlier!!

Hopefully ill have more report about the SQ of the Mosconi's in the next few days when I find some time to tweek the Focus some more!

teamSPB

Archived