DJ Iceman's '01 Grand Prix GT AQ SDC's, AP1500.1D, CCX6.5, CRS-Z9, eqs746

Build's finally getting kicked off. Everything is ordered and on the way, some stuff here already, some isn't. For now, it will be audio & interior lighting. Fire lighting, siren & train horn will come later on. As of 12/28, everything is ordered and on its way.

Headunit: Sony CD-GT54UIW (Already Installed)

EQ: Clarion EQS746 (Ordered from Amazon, $50)

Door Speakers: Crescendo CCX6.5 6.5" Components (Ordered from Crescendo, $99)

Rear Deck Speakers: Pioneer 6x9" Speakers (Already Installed)

Mid/High Amp: Cadence CRS-Z9 Amplifier (Ordered from Audiosavings, $140)

Subs: 2 Audioque SDC2.5 12" D4 in 4 cubes tuned to 32Hz

100_0034.jpg

Amplifier: Audiopipe AP1500.1D (Already here)

100_0033.jpg

Misc: 40 sq ft Damplifier Pro, Dual 4ga runs, Stock Alternator, LED replacement bulbs/blue LED strips

Amp & Speakers

100_0032.jpg

More pics coming later on when everything gets here.

Edited by iceman1575

POTATO!

• 2 weeks later...

Some good news. I was supposed to graduate last Friday (12/17), but due to weather, the graduation ceremony was cancelled, which wasn't a pleasant surprise for the family coming in from PA & FL. I did get $200 in cash and a new video camera as graduation gifts, which I will save. I did submit a Christmas list to my family, as I haven't been out to get some cash in almost 3 months, so money isn't exactly great. Hopefully, some of the stuff will come in, including but not limited to 40sqin of Damplifier, a Kinetik HC1800, Crescendo CCX65 components, Audiopipe AP200.4 amp, Alpine IDA-X305S H/U, STL fire lights & Whelen siren, and some 1/0 wire. Whatever I don't get but have the money for I will purchase not long after Christmas. I will more than likely work on the box this weekend after all the Christmas activities are done. Final design comes out to 32"W x 16"H x 22.5"D, 4.23 cubes to 32Hz. I did make two smaller boxes that I was going to use for the subs, but I figured a single shared box would work better.

speakerbox.png

And, since I have nothing better to do, I've been doing free air tests with my EP2500 wired to 8 ohms, 500w. Got a quick video Friday night with my new camera of one of the 12's doing some excursion free air, so here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9cI2sfVNDs

Expect some sort of progress this weekend hopefully...

POTATO!

Alright, some progress. Going to start working on the real final box tomorrow. Built two previous ones, both didn't come out so well, so I'm going to do it the right way this time. Final dimensions will be 32" W x 22.5" D x 16" H, 4 cubes tuned to 32Hz. Subs are still being broken in, slowly but surely. As a sampler, here's a front view of what the box will look like.

AQSpeakerBoxCarpeted-Dimensions.png

Edited by iceman1575

POTATO!

• 3 months later...

Alright, some progress. Going to start working on the real final box tomorrow. Built two previous ones, both didn't come out so well, so I'm going to do it the right way this time. Final dimensions will be 32" W x 22.5" D x 16" H, 4 cubes tuned to 32Hz. Subs are still being broken in, slowly but surely. As a sampler, here's a front view of what the box will look like.

AQSpeakerBoxCarpeted-Dimensions.png

WHAT PROGRAM DID U DESIGN THIS BOX IN?