Sonic Electronix

First off, These seem very necessary for having a clip free system. So, i was wondering where you guys get them? All the ones I have seen on the internet are pretty darn expensive, which I don't really want to spend if I don't have too. Do places like car toys have any or something that you can borrow?

Well for me when I was looking I would go to Frys Electronics and drop a few hundred on one, use it and return it after I was done (yeah yeah i know). But I found out that I needed it more than I thought so I shopped ebay till I found a good deal on a used one. Most of the places I found that would rent them were electrical test equipment shops and they rented for just as much as some cost. Just save your $$$ and look for a good used one or new if thats your thing. If cost is the issue it will be far cheaper than killing and replacing your equipment from clipping..

Rebuild Log with the SMD

CURRENT..

Honda Accord Coupe

Porsche Cayenne S

Lexus CT200

Lexus ES300 (sold)

99 Lexus RX 300 (sold)

ADDING

Honda - Hertz setup, more to come

Porsche - Fi BL, XS Power, more to come

coming soon..
peep the old rebuild log of the Lexus RX

First off, These seem very necessary for having a clip free system. So, i was wondering where you guys get them? All the ones I have seen on the internet are pretty darn expensive, which I don't really want to spend if I don't have too. Do places like car toys have any or something that you can borrow?

Well for me when I was looking I would go to Frys Electronics and drop a few hundred on one, use it and return it after I was done (yeah yeah i know). But I found out that I needed it more than I thought so I shopped ebay till I found a good deal on a used one. Most of the places I found that would rent them were electrical test equipment shops and they rented for just as much as some cost. Just save your $$$ and look for a good used one or new if thats your thing. If cost is the issue it will be far cheaper than killing and replacing your equipment from clipping..

I like your idea of buying, using, returning, may have to try that if thats what it comes down to. And yea, i totally agree, better to spend the money on an O Scope rather than bust a few speakers for the lack of one.

Hmm, I may sound cheap here, but I don't really want to buy one, as im not that "Hardcore"...Yet.

Anyway, Whats a DDM?

I think he meant DMM, digital multimeter

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

Hmm, I may sound cheap here, but I don't really want to buy one, as im not that "Hardcore"...Yet.

Anyway, Whats a DDM?

I think he meant DMM, digital multimeter

Thanks.

So Something like this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Digital-LCD-Multimeter-Voltmeter-Ohmmeter-Ammeter-/180576653373?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0b35103d

Any idea on how to use that to set your gains?

Yup. You can get a cheap one at harbor freight for $5. To set your gain with a DMM check the second post in this thread http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/14666-calculating-gain-voltage/page__hl__setting+gain

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

Then set it at 38.73 for 1500. That's if you have 2 subs, the 24.49 was for only 600 watts so if you have 2 subs then you would set it at 1200w setting which is 34.64 for the rms on the subs

Edited by Chally

If your PC is showing you mssp3el.dll error or other dll errors messages, or applications are not running correctly, you can download the most recommended DLL Fix Tool – also professional registry repair software, to fix mssp3el.dll error and all other errors immediately! Meanwhile, the tool will free scan your Windows registry and find out related errors or potential problems completely, so that you can fix them as soon as possible.

:wtf: Wrong thread?