Sundown Audio

Looking to Purchase A T2500 bdcp

Mobile Chassis Dyno

Need some advice.

As I get older I find myself not wanting to spend money twice and get what I want the first time instead of buying products in between. So here is why I am asking for advice on the purchase of one of these amps.

Cliff notes.

I do not have the electrical system (mainly the alt) to use this amp to its maximum potiental.

The subs (4 RE SRX 12's D4) that I am currently running are only rated for 300 watts rms. So 1200 watts rms total.

I will be upgrading both the subs, enclosure, and electrical system at some point.

Before you tell me I am going about this all wrong by buying the amp first let me say that I am in need of a replacement amp and do not want to spend money twice when I want to end up running one of these amps once everything else is said and done. At a minimum I will replace my power and ground 4 gauge with 0 gauge and have 2 yellow tops along with the battery under the hood.

So the big question I have is if I keep my gain turned down and do not exceed 100 amps of current draw on the amp can I use this with my current setup or am I playing with fire in terms of doing damage to the amp? Again I am not looking to lean hard on the this amp. I just want to replace the amp until I decide what I am going to do for subs and an enclosure.

I am behind the times when it comes to the latest in subs, amps, etc. Last time I was "up to speed" was back in the early 90's with my Orion SX amps and XTR subs. Again I am not looking to tear anything up.

I imagine if I use common sense and not do anything stupid I should be ok.

Thank you in advance.

Warm Regards,

Dyno Brian

1997 Ford Probe

|Sony Head Unit|Alpine V12 AccuClass-D MRD M1000 Amplifier|4 RE AUDIO SRX12D4 12's|Mids and Highs coming soon!|

|1998 Mustang GT Twin Turbo|1986 Mustang GT Single Turbo|1996 Mustang Mystic Cobra N20|1995 Mustang Cobra 5,000 miles|

2002 ZO6

Mustang%20on%20Dyno.jpg

I think like you said, if u keep it conservative on the gain and everything u should be fine. but with that being said if ur getting bad voltage drops id wait till u do get ur electrical taken care of cause it could do damage to ur amp and/or ur vehicle.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

I think like you said, if u keep it conservative on the gain and everything u should be fine. but with that being said if ur getting bad voltage drops id wait till u do get ur electrical taken care of cause it could do damage to ur amp and/or ur vehicle.

Agreed 100%.

I was thinking of getting a voltage gauge that I can monitor at all times. Basically neve let the voltage drop below 12 volts or higher if in need be. Cool thing is I can flash the pcm in this car with my tuning software so I an set my idle as high as 2000 rpms to help with charging. Car is a stick shift so this could be of use until I replace the alternator.

Warm Regards,

Dyno Brian

1997 Ford Probe

|Sony Head Unit|Alpine V12 AccuClass-D MRD M1000 Amplifier|4 RE AUDIO SRX12D4 12's|Mids and Highs coming soon!|

|1998 Mustang GT Twin Turbo|1986 Mustang GT Single Turbo|1996 Mustang Mystic Cobra N20|1995 Mustang Cobra 5,000 miles|

2002 ZO6

Mustang%20on%20Dyno.jpg

You can set it up like that and take it easy but imo i'd wait until your electrical can support it to be safe.

I noticed the "Ohio Generators" in your sig. I am located in Ohio. Can they rebuild my alternator for more power or do I need to purchase one already built from him?

Warm Regards,

Dyno Brian

1997 Ford Probe

2002 ZO6

Mustang%20on%20Dyno.jpg

Archived