windows update help

hey guys just reinstalled windows on the computer. but i cant do windows updates. i can get on the internet and have not had a single problem getting on any other site i visit. but when i try to go to http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx it says cannot connect. you guys got any tips on what might be going on and how to fix it so i can update.

wanting to download itunes and all that and put some more music on the ipod but cant do it cause i cant get it to let me update windows.

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

not even automatic updates?

by the way.. that page you sent me said this

"Thank you for your interest in obtaining updates from our site.

To use this site, you must be running Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 or later.

To upgrade to the latest version of the browser, go to the Internet Explorer Downloads website.

If you prefer to use a different web browser, you can obtain updates from the Microsoft Download Center or you can stay up to date with the latest critical and security updates by using Automatic Updates. To turn on Automatic Updates:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

Depending on which Control Panel view you use, Classic or Category, do one of the following:

Click System, and then click the Automatic Updates tab.

Click Performance and Maintenance, click System, and then click the Automatic Updates tab.

Click the option that you want. Make sure Automatic Updates is not turned off."

Edited by Carroot1
mJzD9.png

ok they are on in there... earlier i was in something cant remember were and it was saying that it couldn't. but in there it was already set. and it was on download but notify before installing

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

This might be a shit in the dark, but I'll suggest it anyways:

Did you try turning off Windows firewall? It might prevent some instances. And it's worth a try, eh?

i was thinkin the same thing but then i was all naw not possible but hey try it

mJzD9.png