Sonic Electronix

First off guys, clue me in on what a line in and out converter is? New to this.

is it hooked to a Line out converter? that could be the reason it sounds louder on the fader.

check your ground, fuse, connection of the LOC, inputs at the amp, remote wire, RCAs...thats just the short list to start checking into

If it is hooked to the Line out conv then that would be the reason, or because it's not?

And yea, I'll check it tomorrow when he brings it over.

Edited by ThatMauiWowie

That happened to me... When i installed a system a while back i didnt know the stock Rear speaker cables on the HU. So everytime it got to a crtain level it would cut off and act funny. and i found out i put the wrong wire in the LOC so make sure the LOC is correct

Anyone have a diagram of what it should look like? I'll check it out tomorrow.

why would e have to tap into the rear speakers? anyway, if i were you, i would take it all out and redo it myself. if you need any help or dont know how then just ask and we will help you out. with that little power, it is very simple to do. also does he have a stock HU or aftermarket?

He tapped into the rear ones because he couldn't get the head unit out because he didn't have the tool to do it. And it's the stock one in a 2000 mustang.

My money is on one side being out of phase (assuming a line-out converter). The first time I hooked my stuff up, one side was out of phase (factory HU, line-out, and the wiring diagram for my car was wrong). On a few frequencies it sounded great, most of the time it was very quiet. Also, using balance to cut out one side will make it louder since it is in phase again. Try switching just one side, even if they both end up out of phase with the rest of the system, and see if the bass works then.

As for your power issue, just check connections and fuses.

Most of that went over my head. How do you change the phase?

My money is on one side being out of phase (assuming a line-out converter). The first time I hooked my stuff up, one side was out of phase (factory HU, line-out, and the wiring diagram for my car was wrong). On a few frequencies it sounded great, most of the time it was very quiet. Also, using balance to cut out one side will make it louder since it is in phase again. Try switching just one side, even if they both end up out of phase with the rest of the system, and see if the bass works then.

I am going on a couple assumptions here so let me know if I am wrong about anything.

First, you have a 2 channel amp that is bridged to your sub

You are either using a line-out converter OR your amp has high level inputs.

When I say phase (polarity) I mean whether the + and - is hooked up correctly. When the guy used the rear speakers to get a signal, he probably hooked the + and - of ONE side up incorrectly.

Feel free to add some pictures of how he wired the rear speakers if you can.

Edited by shkibbybop

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I am going on a couple assumptions here so let me know if I am wrong about anything.

First, you have a 2 channel amp that is bridged to your sub

You are either using a line-out converter OR your amp has high level inputs.

When I say phase (polarity) I mean whether the + and - is hooked up correctly. When the guy used the rear speakers to get a signal, he probably hooked the + and - of ONE side up incorrectly.

Feel free to add some pictures of how he wired the rear speakers if you can.

Those assumptions are both correct. And the amp has a high level input.

And Ok, that makes sense, but it amazes me that it even would have worked in the first place if they were hooked up wrong.

And Ok, that makes sense, but it amazes me that it even would have worked in the first place if they were hooked up wrong.

I did the same thing in my car when using a line-out converter (which changes the signal into a low level RCA type signal). The wiring guide I was using was wrong and I wired one side backwards. My sub sounded very quiet most of the time, but every once in a while they would play a loud note. Why is WAY beyond me, I just notice one day when I put the balance to one side that all of the sudden my sub was loud. Pulled the converter out, switched the incorrect side around and all was good.

Edited by shkibbybop

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I did the same thing in my car when using a line-out converter (which changes the signal into a low level RCA type signal). The wiring guide I was using was wrong and I wired one side backwards. My sub sounded very quiet most of the time, but every once in a while they would play a loud note. Why is WAY beyond me, I just notice one day when I put the balance to one side that all of the sudden my sub was loud. Pulled the converter out, switched the incorrect side around and all was good.

So, does he need to buy a converter out? Or just try switching the wires? Sorry if these are stupid questions. Ha

Logan

that sucks man, hence why i wire everything in my car myself, that way you know exactly whats been done and if stuff like this happens you can quickly fix it (not that it should go wrong if you know what your doing)

But yeah, i agree with other comments, redo it all, and any questions, just ask the guys on here. ive always found them to be REAL helpful

Honda Accord SirT + Mad sounds = Awesomeness

VTEC go BRAAAAAPPPP :P

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141261-99-accord-sirt-sq-build/

Alright well i never done the big 3 so i see in my vision my truck on fire...