Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Help! noise in speaker..


Recommended Posts

Posted

Just installed my new Pioneer avh 3200 DVD but i guess i messed up somewhere. In my right rear speaker i hear a high pitched noise that copies the engine rpm (gets louder as revs go up). Is this a ground problem or what? suggestions please..

Posted

This is called an engine whine, and most likely is a poor ground. The best way to trouble shoot this is to get a long run of wire and hook the head unit ground directly to the - terminal on the battery, temporarily at least. If that gets rid of the noise then it is your ground.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Posted

This is called an engine whine, and most likely is a poor ground. The best way to trouble shoot this is to get a long run of wire and hook the head unit ground directly to the - terminal on the battery, temporarily at least. If that gets rid of the noise then it is your ground.

Thanks for the reply man I appreciate it. I figured out the problem. I had an adapter installed after my factory amp to power my subs with a stock head unit. Last night when i put the new HU in I didnt feel like taking the sumbitch out, well tonight i pulled it out as i was doing some other stuff to my truck and poof its gone! :drink40: IDK if the unconnected rca's were touching something metal and conducting the noise or what but its gone now. And I have to say wow the difference an aftermarket head unit makes is nuts.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 529 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...