2 18" DC lvl 5's 6KW of Sundown in a VW Lupo!

nice build cant wait to see what you got going in next! :popcorn:

on the note of voltage drop im running my system with 670 ah of batts a 300amp alt and have voltage drop even running one of my amps a 200.1 addictive audio amp that was pushing 2700 watts the more batts and alts you can get the better my amp is prety efficent but it still pulls alot of juice i love overkill i jst started my build over myself keep up the good work looks bad ass

american bass 1100.1 2 hertz hdp4 m&h amps hertz xls audison voice mids and highs 4 fi hybrid subs 1 xs power g31 batt and 6 banks of maxwell caps big 3 mechman 270 singer 350 and another singer 300 amp alts 7 runs of 4/0 TEAM bass drop meca s4 2011 153.7 db at headrest 4 15s

Could you post brand and model of the alts and the same on the reg? Easier to know when to order! The bolt on alt what car did it come from?

alts are from golf V (gti), passat, (original from) audi A6 3.0 TDI...

The 180a alt may have been but the 2 210a alts are not fitted to VAGs, I should know I also have 2 running ;)

They are made by Mitsubishi and as dodgercannon said previously come fitted to Renault vans. The regulator is a transpo unit that is widely available in the states, much cheaper than what we pay over here!

Just a FYI for those reading this thread this install is no more, the subs and wall have been ripped out and....fitted to another lupo! New owner this time, running them on 4kwrms between them atm and they're doing pretty well. Here's some vids I got it of it when I met up with him a few months ago:

Audi A4 Avant

Dual 210a Alts - Spl Dynamics D6 - 2 x Fi SP4 15

Boot Install

Thanks for the positive comments guys. But yes the audio was sold to fund air ride and wheels for the Lupo. Then the Lupo was sold before it was anywhere near finished 6 months ago.

Bought a VW Jetta mk2, plan was to bag it, fit the wheels I built for the Lupo and get it a mean stance. No mental audio, just a set of 3 way components.

This is a before and after of it in the 5months I've owned it.

6BAC2023-6E1F-4BBB-8BCD-306835518F68-7306-00000BCE130BB137.jpg

The alts were amazing when I finally got the wall rebuilt. I ran 4k for a week or so, with 4 of the 6v batteries. The voltage never dropped from what I set the reg to, 14.8 - 15v, the little 1400cc diesel engine coped really well with them too, never cut out at all. Prob never got them upto their full potential though.

@img, the wall wasn't fitted to another Lupo. The subs were on the other hand. The box that the guy is using is one I built for two lv4s for a friend with another Lupo.

My mistake, must have got confused when Henry was going through his build with me :)

Audi A4 Avant

Dual 210a Alts - Spl Dynamics D6 - 2 x Fi SP4 15

Boot Install

Archived