Sonic Electronix

Just got my t40001bd & Boston Acoustics GT-42 and im looking for suggestions on the best choice as far as power, reliability and reputation on what brand h/o alt to get. Im looking at about 300-320amp alt and i just want some suggestion or personal experiences you guys had from using the brand of alternator. I got this setup in my 2002 Cadillac Seville. Mechman iraggy dc power.... idk which way to go.

I would get a mechman 270, XS S1200 under the hood, two XS D3100s in the back, minimum two runs of good 0 gauge

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

As far as power goes right now I have 160 alt which is getting replaced soon. Kinetik HC2000 in the trunk, Optima Yellow top running the car and a 10 farad rockford cap im getting rid. Tim from Audiotistics told me about these group 31 batteries that i can put in the trunk and replace the kinetik and i'll be good(also getting rid of the cap since the batteries will be right by the amp). So as of now before any other suggestions thats what the plan is for now.

Well....get rid of the optima and kinetik =)

Just because its group 31 doesn't always mean its the best. But out of optima (not even good for audio use, lol) kinetik, stinger, XS seriously has been the best with literally no comparison.

The 160 might suffice but not for long. How's the wiring?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Well....get rid of the optima and kinetik =)

Just because its group 31 doesn't always mean its the best. But out of optima (not even good for audio use, lol) kinetik, stinger, XS seriously has been the best with literally no comparison.

The 160 might suffice but not for long. How's the wiring?

o gauge for power and ground, from battery to ground(battery is under back seat) 8 guage to the subs. the zero gauge is by memphis.