Second Skin Audio

Memphis CM12D2 enclosure?

91sdime

I am new to building subwoofer boxes so please bear with me. The sub my friend has is the Memphis Audio CM12D2 and requires a 2.44 internal airspace box, with a port of 12.5" X 2" X 25" I have tried using the box calculator but I can't get the tune at 36Hz, it says it will be tuned at 29Hz with their specs. But when I make the internal airspace of the box 1.7 with their port specs its 36Hz. I am really confusing the hell out of myself with all this stuff, shouldn't be attempting something like this lol.

I am new to building subwoofer boxes so please bear with me. The sub my friend has is the Memphis Audio CM12D2 and requires a 2.44 internal airspace box, with a port of 12.5" X 2" X 25" I have tried using the box calculator but I can't get the tune at 36Hz, it says it will be tuned at 29Hz with their specs. But when I make the internal airspace of the box 1.7 with their port specs its 36Hz. I am really confusing the hell out of myself with all this stuff, shouldn't be attempting something like this lol.

Is he wanting a desired size/tuning?

POTATO!

Yes it would be greatly appreciated to help in figuring out a design, and kinda helping an idiot out where he shouldn't be sticking his nose lol. I just don't see in paying $150 for a box I can ask a couple questions and end making for $40 lol.

Archived