Me had a spark the other night..

Alright my subs were cutting in and out but my amp still had power and I undid the RCA's and put em back on an then I had bass. So I pulled my HU out and did the same with the RCAs back there. Well while I was sliding my HU back in there was a big spark and now my amp wont turn on. Any ideas what could have happened?

well, it'll make you shit bricks.

Well you grounded something out, chances are its a wire off ur HU. Pull it out, check, rehook, and make sure all the connections are not showing any wires.

EDIT: ur RCAS might be bad and thats why you got into the trouble ur into.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

That what I thought too, I pulled it out and checked all the wires because my HU wouldnt turn on and some wires came off so I hooked them back up and my HU turns on just not my amp. You think that sparked could have fried my remote wire?

That what I thought too, I pulled it out and checked all the wires because my HU wouldnt turn on and some wires came off so I hooked them back up and my HU turns on just not my amp. You think that sparked could have fried my remote wire?

Check all fuses, under hood, on ur power wire, etc etc

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Turns out one of the fuses was basically non existant anymore... I ficed that by popping a biger fuse in there and its working just. I also reset my tuning to level it out more, but the amp I have now is a POS and I wont have this setup for much longer anyways.

EDIT: And now my amp turns off when I turn my car off so no more undoing the remote wire when I get out :yahoo:

why not use crimp connectors at least? twisting wires together and taping is just waiting to short out on something... you can pick up a cheap kit with ends and the tool for $10

anyways.. glad you got it figured out either way

-Chris

03' Black Z71 Tahoe
3" Lift / 315/70/R17 Goodyear Duratracs
Eclipse AVN6620 Touchscreen Head Unit
Hifonics BRX3016 - 3krms @ 1ohm
2 RE Auido SX 18s - 14.5^3ft net @ 30hz w/ 200^2in. port
120hp Cummins 4bta Swap

eek if your going to do a job i say do it right first time. no come backs and you know its all good.

stuff like that sets cars alight you know, then you loose everything :( . hope you sorted it out right this time

Archived