Sonic Electronix

im trying to get a prefab box for my silverado crewcab under the seat. the mounting depth of the box is 6.5" the sub RE Audio SE 12' requires 6.5 of mounting depth. is that good for the sub if i put it in that box or requires a little more of mounting depth.

More if it has a pole vent, like, I'd say the vents diameter away from the back of the box minimum.

If it doesn't have a pole vent, it should be fine. But when you find out the hard way that the sub is a tad more than 6.5" deep and you box depth is a tad less, don't be complaining. Haha

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

if its the same type of box i had under my xcabs seats i just made a trim ring out of 3/4 mdf and spaced the subs up. they where still far enuff away from the seats it didnt hurt them. you could always cut the rings and make a spacer to hold the seat up to make extra sure the seat wont touch them

2001 gmc seirra

5.3 auto 3.73 locked rear, long tube headers, offroad y pipe, duals, cai, black bear tune, 2/4 drop, 22s, rockford fosgate mods and highs and 4 ab hd 15s and a ab 750.1

1995 civic

1.5 auto slower then hell, dropped on coil overs, ex hub caps, 2 12 trunk, have 450 bucks in the car and gets 35 mpg

1992 s10

being bagged, shaved, and small stereo. right now a pile of parts

if its the same type of box i had under my xcabs seats i just made a trim ring out of 3/4 mdf and spaced the subs up. they where still far enuff away from the seats it didnt hurt them. you could always cut the rings and make a spacer to hold the seat up to make extra sure the seat wont touch them

the subs wont be facing the under seat but the firewall.

Archived