Sonic Electronix

Hi, I want to double check something with the wiring I did in a buddy's car.

Audiopipe AP-15001D.

Two RE Audio SEXD4-12s wired down to 1 ohm.

How would I hook it up to this amplifier? It has two sets of output terminals on the side....

Probably a noob as hell question, but I wanna make sure before I screw something up.

Thanks!

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

theres two sets of in puts, two one sub + - to the left side then the second subs + - to the other side input

Huh???

That's confusing as hell.

Would it be bad to hook up the pos & neg from the subs that are wired down to 1 ohm into just one of the outputs on the amp?

I used the rockford fosgate wiring wizard...using this diagram..would it be bad to hook it straight to the amp like that?

2_4ohmDVC_1ohm.gif

First System

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

doesnt matter how many terminals on the amp you use. i use 2, but you can use all 4. doesnt matter they all do the same exact thing.

edit: just because there are 2 sets of speaker terminals on a monoblock amp, doesnt mean its a 2 channel or whatever. does not hurt to use 1 set or both sets.

Edited by Kranny

doesnt matter how many terminals on the amp you use. i use 2, but you can use all 4. doesnt matter they all do the same exact thing.

edit: just because there are 2 sets of speaker terminals on a monoblock amp, doesnt mean its a 2 channel or whatever. does not hurt to use 1 set or both sets.

Okay, awesome. thanks.

How's your electrical in your Corolla?

I'm doing this work for my friends 1993 Corolla that I talked to you about awhile back.

He's having massive voltage drop to the point where the amp hits protect, so we turn it down a bit. The headlight dim a whole lot, along with any interior lights.

First System

Okay, awesome. thanks.

I'm doing this work for my friends 1993 Corolla that I talked to you about awhile back.

He's having massive voltage drop to the point where the amp hits protect, so we turn it down a bit. The headlight dim a whole lot, along with any interior lights.

oh yeah i remember now. i have the stock 70 amp alternator with the big 3 done in 1/0 gauge and a stock battery under the hood. thats all for "upgrades". my voltage cold is around 14.9 and when warm its 14.2. playing full tilt while driving i can drop to mid to low 12's, even drop into the 11's if i let it play long enough. ive never had any of my amps go into protect (except my previous hifonics amp that had a capacitor fall off the board then fried the mosfets)

yeah the dimming dash lights bother me a bit but i have HID's for headlights so they dont even flicker.

Okay, awesome. thanks.

oh yeah i remember now. i have the stock 70 amp alternator with the big 3 done in 1/0 gauge and a stock battery under the hood. thats all for "upgrades". my voltage cold is around 14.9 and when warm its 14.2. playing full tilt while driving i can drop to mid to low 12's, even drop into the 11's if i let it play long enough. ive never had any of my amps go into protect (except my previous hifonics amp that had a capacitor fall off the board then fried the mosfets)

yeah the dimming dash lights bother me a bit but i have HID's for headlights so they dont even flicker.

I'm on xbox live with him telling him all this stuff..he has that wimpy 70 amp alternator as well. I mentioned the big 3 to him and he said it sounded like something he could do. He does have a stock battery as well he thinks is pretty old so he may swap it out eventually. What gauge wire did you run to the back for the amp? I'm pretty sure we've got 4 gauge going from the battery to the trunk. Where do you got your ground going to?

First System

I'm on xbox live with him telling him all this stuff..he has that wimpy 70 amp alternator as well. I mentioned the big 3 to him and he said it sounded like something he could do. He does have a stock battery as well he thinks is pretty old so he may swap it out eventually. What gauge wire did you run to the back for the amp? I'm pretty sure we've got 4 gauge going from the battery to the trunk. Where do you got your ground going to?

the big 3 is SO easy on these cars. the alternator is in plain sight. yeah i have a run of 4 gauge for my audiopipe and a run of 8 gauge to my rockford fosgate amp. i grounded both to the middle bolt that holds on the back part of the rear seat. i put the lugs under the little U post that is attached to the seat. of course you need to sand off all the paint in order to get a good contact :)

the big 3 is SO easy on these cars. the alternator is in plain sight. yeah i have a run of 4 gauge for my audiopipe and a run of 8 gauge to my rockford fosgate amp. i grounded both to the middle bolt that holds on the back part of the rear seat. i put the lugs under the little U post that is attached to the seat. of course you need to sand off all the paint in order to get a good contact :)

Okay, cool! You're able to turn it up all the way? jeezzzz. we can't get that far..haha

Big 3 is pretty much 0 gauge from alternator to battery? and then battery to ground? What else?

First System

Okay, cool! You're able to turn it up all the way? jeezzzz. we can't get that far..haha

Big 3 is pretty much 0 gauge from alternator to battery? and then battery to ground? What else?

yeah i have pretty much no problems. and yeah its alternator + to battery +, then for battery - to body ground, i used one of the strut tower bolts on the driver side (practically like 8" away), again sanding off the paint. for the 2nd ground you're supposed to do, i didnt do it because i am too lazy to look for a bolt and prep everything.