Sonic Electronix

Ok so i have a 2006 honda pilot.. and i have 1 AQ HDC3 18" dual 1 aluminum coil.. i will have it powered by the AQ 2200D.. i wanted to know what would be the best tuning and port area and cubic area for this sub combination.. the amp will be running at .5ohms because obviously its a dual 1 sub.. i listen to alot of decafes music.. i have it powered by 1 d3400 and 1 d3100 in the back.. any ideas?? oh and btw im tuned to 38hz right now i just want to make a bigger box with more port area..

MURDERD HONDA PILOT!

Ok so i have a 2006 honda pilot.. and i have 1 AQ HDC3 18" dual 1 aluminum coil.. i will have it powered by the AQ 2200D.. i wanted to know what would be the best tuning and port area and cubic area for this sub combination.. the amp will be running at .5ohms because obviously its a dual 1 sub.. i listen to alot of decafes music.. i have it powered by 1 d3400 and 1 d3100 in the back.. any ideas?? oh and btw im tuned to 38hz right now i just want to make a bigger box with more port area..

Hope you know what you're doing, because according to AQ's site, the 2200 is only stable down to 1 ohm. How much room do you have to work with?

POTATO!

i would do 6 - 7 cubes, sub up port back if you have room, with 100 - 140 square inches of port tuned to 35.

Edit:

What does your electrical system consist of?

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Hope you know what you're doing, because according to AQ's site, the 2200 is only stable down to 1 ohm. How much room do you have to work with?

yeah i have all my gains on my amps o scoped and im pretty sure i have a decent electrical to support it.. ehh i removed the 3rd row seats so i have about 45" wide 32" deep and about 24" height.. because of my amp rack and buss bars which take up about 6"s..

i would do 6 - 7 cubes, sub up port back if you have room, with 100 - 140 square inches of port tuned to 35.

Edit:

will consider.. but do u think 35hz is a little low for tuning?? i have a 320 amp dc power alternator with 1 xs power d3400 and a d3100 in the back.. how much space would i need between the port and the hatch??

MURDERD HONDA PILOT!

Edit:

will consider.. but do u think 35hz is a little low for tuning?? i have a 320 amp dc power alternator with 1 xs power d3400 and a d3100 in the back.. how much space would i need between the port and the hatch??

a couple inches from the hatch. 6" maybe? call DJ and he will tell you 35 is as low as you would need and it would play low as well.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

yeah i have all my gains on my amps o scoped and im pretty sure i have a decent electrical to support it.. ehh i removed the 3rd row seats so i have about 45" wide 32" deep and about 24" height.. because of my amp rack and buss bars which take up about 6"s..

Edit:

I think this box would be perfect for what you want.

aqhdc3183.jpg

1 TC Sounds TC-3000 15 D2 (temporary until I get a box built for the both of them)

Powerbass ASA 1500.1 Dx

Pioneer Mvh-P8200

Soundstream MPQ-7XO 7 band Eq

Crescendo CCX6.5's

Rockford Fosgate Punch 200a4

C&D UPS490-MR in the back

2008 Kia Rio Lx

Edit:

I think this box would be perfect for what you want.

aqhdc3183.jpg

i like the idea.. but i kinda wanted my port to be on the bottom plate instead of the side and im probably going to have my sub inverted.. kinda like my basket showing...

MURDERD HONDA PILOT!

Archived