Sonic Electronix

help with the new p3's!?

according to fosgates site, the two p3s's including displacement want 1.6(give or take like.1) i cant remember right off top of my head, but anyways, i had precision power pcx104's in the box before, with a decent ammout of fil. i got this box all glassed and bondo'd tehn primerd on the outside and put back in my truck with the p3's in it but without fil..... they are taking less power than the 300watt ppi's were and hitting mechanical limits really easy. with less volume, but when i had em in the trans line box i was feedin em 1000watts and turnd the deck down and they played loud as fuck and never went to the limits. right now im maybe giving them 500watts... and from my understanding ported boxes take less power. so i should be able to be giving thiese all 1000w in the sealed box... im almost wondering if i fucked up on the wiring... cause its dark and cold so we just slapped the bitch in...

any ideas? imma mess with it more tomorrow obviousally, but any ideas would be great thanks guys!

deck is at 50hz (low as it will go)

and amp is right about there too.... maybe 45hz

gain on amp is at 50% or so

as far as volume, i use to be able to go to 25 (out of 40) witch is where my door speakers stay clean and lout. any louder they sound like shit.

now with amp at 50% and bass on deck at -5 the subs arent nearly as loud and hitting mechanical limits by like 20 on the volume

-06' f-150...

audio.video.performance.visual

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

well.... i think basically i failed,... the p3s dont like the 1.6cuft.... so basically i think i needa go back to the drawing board.. playing in the 1.6 they sound compleetly like dog ass. they bottom out way before they even get loud. sucks.

-06' f-150...

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

what is the box tuned to that you used the p3's and the ppi's in? i can almost guarantee you that it is tuned too high and playing anything under tuning will sound like shit and bottom out most woofers. also why are your LPF settings so low? put the one on the headunit at like 80hz and put the one on the amp all the way up (doesnt matter what this knob is set to since the headunit automatically cuts off anything over 80hz, i do it this way)

ill give that a try man... but im not sure on the box... its 1.6 sealed... fs on the sub is 29hz... if f3 is what it wants to play at then its 43hz..... i changed nothing from the ppis to the p3s(witch are alot more woofer) and im getting maybe 1/2 the bass. and not even close to the lows...

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=4&series_id=31&family_id=11&item_id=108287&locale=en_US&p_status=

take a look there if ya got time.... i think my 1.6 should be right

-06' f-150...

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

yeah... amp low pass all the way up and deck at 80... helped a bit, but still noteven close to sounding decent. still bottoms the subs out, .... thinkin the box has to be too small somehow. maybe ill jus put my stock jumpseat back in and do another trans line for the p3's and do away with part of my back seat... at least i know for a fact they play hard as fuck in that box. haha

-06' f-150...

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

Archived