Second Skin Audio

Would Ported Work For These Subs?

lgn0213

welcome to the forum, IMO, you can port any subwoofer, you just have to do it right. Some lower end subs like that, it would be best to keep box size down, and port size small, if its recommended for small sealed... There is no specifications I see on that sheet, but I believe its a low Qts subwoofer, if its not recommended for ported, try a t-line enclosure, go to the subwoofer/enclosures section, look up 1/4 wave enclosure design, read that, that should be a perfect box design for a Sony believe it or not. You will get more output per watt than ported, and far beyond sealed, and keep low end to a maximum with out destroying the speaker. I have gotten MANY small 8" and 10" subs sounding like subs of 2 sizes above, with the output of the larger size woofers... For home theater I have used on 35w a 8" tuned to 30 hz, and it shook my whole house, impressed anyone who walked up to my driveway.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived