Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Could I use this subwoofer on my amp?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a Kenwood KAC-8403 four channel amp. I just bought a RE Audio REX-12D4 subwoofer. How could I hook up a dual 4 ohm voice coil subwoofer to my amp without messing up either the sub or amp. I have two speakers on the front channel already. This is just a temporary setup due to not enough funds to get something crazy. Plus I dont know anything when it comes to this. Any info would be greatly appreciated. This is what it say in the manual:

Amp Specs are:

Normal:

4ohm (20Hz-20kHz, 0.08% THD)..... 60Wx4

4ohm (DIN:45324, +B=14.4V)....... 60Wx4

2ohm (1kHz, 0.8% THD)............ 90Wx4

Bridged:

4ohm (1kHz, 0.8% THD)............ 180Wx2

Guest sanitarium-mobile
Posted

Either go one coil per channel or use the whole amp for just the sub and bridge the two front to one coil and two rear to the other coil.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5886 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...